Position: Youth Leader and Director of Music
Accountable to: Senior Pastor
Status: Full Time/Salary
Character of All Trinity Personnel:
Each person must be a follower of Jesus Christ, a person of good character and integrity, who views their position as a calling from God. The expectation is that all staff members will encourage each other, and feel appreciated in their ministry. They
should view themselves as a valuable member of Trinity’s ministry team and will work in harmony and respect for all.
- The Director of Music is to develop and oversee the worship music ministry for our church, in consultation with the senior pastor and other team members, in a way that is consistent with our mission, values, and theology.
- The Youth Leader is to develop and lead a youth ministry program for our church in consultation with the senior pastor and other team members, in a way that is consistent with our mission, values, and theology.
- Authentic relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Love and respect for people.
- Sense of humor and positive attitude.
- Strong people management skills.
- Strong team player with the rest of the staff and congregation.
- Committed to the church's vision, leadership, and people.
- Dependable, responsible, self-motivated and creative.
- Experience and passion for working with middle and high school age children in a positive and engaging way.
- Strong communication skills with both youth and adults.
- Ability to work cooperatively with volunteers.
- Attested musical skills and competence.
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and motivate volunteers.
- Understanding and appreciation of the church year.
- Experience with technical aspects of contemporary services: for example, sound boards, theater lights, video editing, etc.—a plus, or willingness to learn.
- Ability in wide range of styles including Christian classics (hymns) but with a focus on contemporary music.
- Minimum five years’ experience as an adult leader in church related setting.
- Willing to receive ongoing training with youth ministry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, and oversee youth group program for grades 6-12.
- Further implement and oversee the children’s church curriculum and volunteer schedule.
- Manage verification and clearance of volunteer workers with youth.
- Effectively communicate with parents, church members, staff, and youth the calendar and program for the year.
- Participate in the planning of youth trips and mission work.
- Plan for and oversee the incorporation of youth in the contemporary worship service at church.
- Act as a mentor and spiritual leader for youth.
- Work collaboratively with the school staff and administration.
- Oversee selections and planning of music for church worship services.
- Participate in the creative planning of the Sunday and special services with the Senior Pastor and worship team leaders.
- Foster the development of ensemble groups, youth choir, children's choir, and youth and/or adult instrumental groups.
- Maintain a strong prayer base for the youth and music ministry.
- Communicate faithfully with the Senior Pastor, staff, and worship teams.
- Participate in the life and ministry of the church and school.
- Develop, recruit, equip, motivate, supervise and shepherd music team leaders and musicians.