Canyonville Christian Academy is seeking a high school teacher for math and physics to start in August 2017. Teachers are considered to be working a mission field right here in the U.S. The role will include teaching five to seven class sections per school
day. Classes will range from precalculus through AP Calculus and will also include physics and AP physics. The position also requires various school activities and events throughout the year, and being an active support for CCA students.
CCA is a college preparatory high school located in rural southern Oregon. The school is Christian but is non-denominational in its focus. The student body ranges from 130-150 students each year with a majority of students coming from overseas including
China, Taiwan, Japan, Hong Kong, Korea, Vietnam, Rwanda, Colombia and Mexico.
- BA/BS in subject area or related field
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Applicants should be interested in supporting students to excel both inside and outside the classroom
- At least two years teaching high school mathematics and physics
- Experience teaching AP calculus and AP physics
- Interest/ability in computer coding to help with Robotics team
Salary: Based on skills & experience
Contact: Interested individuals should submit a nicely formatted resume and cover letter. Please contact 541-839-4401 for details on the required application.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Canyonville, OR 97417
high school teaching: 2 years preferred