CRISTA Ministries. "Where faith meets vocation."
The Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Administrator provides overall leadership for the services of the skilled nursing facility, part of the CRISTA Senior Community with the goal of providing joy and purpose to seniors in a manner that meets regulatory
requirements, standards of care and resident/family expectations. Responsibilities include providing oversight, coaching and management of the operations team to achieve facility objectives, both programmatic and fiscal. As the leader of the facility leadership
team, the Administrator serves as a role-model of professionalism, expertise, Christian faith and service. This position also provides facility leadership in planning, budget and program development and participates as part of Senior Living leadership team.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES: (Responsibilities, Accountabilities, and Competencies; May not include all duties of this job)
Resident Care Management:
- The Administrator and other Nursing and Rehabilitation Center management will develop program, financial and clinical strategic and operational goals in response to the changing health care environment and resident needs.
- Regulatory Management: Monitor and provide leadership in understanding and meeting compliance requirements with current regulations and health care policies. Represent the facility with federal, state and local agencies.
- Organizational Management: Establish and implement annual goals with the Operations Team in alignment with CRISTA and Senior Living objectives under the guidance of the Vice President of Senior Living. Develop, maintain and improve care and services to
meet and exceed current standards of practice. Establish and maintain positive relationships with Nursing and Rehabilitation Center departments, residents, families, physicians, consultants, vendors, community, local, state and federal agencies and peers.
- Serve as facility point person to interact with corporate support services to ensure needs are met in corporate services (Finance, Human Resources, IT, Legal, Marketing and Facilities).
- Prepare, submit and administer annual budgets, reports and records for the Nursing and Rehabilitation Center within context of the CCRC. Provide leadership to operations managers/supervisors in financial stewardship and monitoring budget supply and labor
costs. Provide guidance for request for major equipment and supplies within the budget. Monitor case mix, RUGS and census as related to meeting revenue targets.
- Environmental Management: Work with CRISTA facilities department to maintain and improve buildings, grounds, and equipment. Ensure means and methods to provide a clean, attractive and homelike environment for residents, staff and visitors.
- Ensure overall safety focus that will address health, welfare and safety of residents, staff and visitors. Lead development of capital projects including regulatory submittals for approval and provide oversight of work provided by contracted vendors in
collaboration with Facilities department.
- Participate as a member of the Senior Living leadership team.
- Participate on the Senior Living Ethics Committee.
- Participate in Senior Living Compliance Committee.
- Authorized to sign appeals on behalf of the organization.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Provide direct leadership and mentorship to the following departments:
- Director of Nursing Services
- QA/Compliance Program Manager
- Environmental Services Supervisor
- Admissions Coordinators and Clinical Liaison Nurses
- Director of Resident Life Services
- Provide matrix leadership to the remainder of the Nursing and Rehabilitation Center departments.
- In collaboration with Human Resources, recruit, select and train department leadership staff.
- Oversee initial training and continuing education programs for facility personnel to ensure staff preparation for their positions.
- Monitor and coach direct reports on budget and staff management in compliance with regulatory requirements and set accountability to meet outcomes.
- Ensure appropriate training and credentialing of staff.
- Establish a work environment that fosters respect and positive communication between management and all staff.
- Ensure performance management is done for all staff on a continuing basis.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience)
Agreement and support of CRISTA’s Statement of Faith.
Demonstrate living and maturing in a Christ-centered life-style.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent. Relevant work experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.
Minimum of three years of upper leadership experience in long-term care and organizational development.
Proven success with regulatory survey process and a working knowledge of Federal and State long-term care policies and regulations.
Administrative and budget management skills to lead facility to meet objectives.
Experience in developing programs and implementing improvements to meet resident, family and staff needs.
Licensure/Certification: Nursing Home Administrator License in good standing with State of Washington.
- Ability to deal tactfully and professionally with a wide spectrum of personalities, leadership, supervisors, staff, residents, families and peers.
- Ability to lead in both a direct and matrix model.
- Ability to mentor and counsel supervisors and staff.
- Empathy with ill, disabled, elderly, and emotionally upset and hostile people.
- Read, write, communicate in and interpret English at a functional level.
Software and Equipment Used:
Strong computer skills in MS Office.
Working knowledge of Outlook.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience)
Education: Master’s degree from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent.
CRISTA management experience.
Knowledge of the MDS system and processes.
Knowledge of capital project management.
Software and Equipment Used:
- Knowledge of HealthMedX
- Knowledge of Agresso
Please submit an online application via our website: https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CRISTA&cws=44&rid=1843