Harvest House Publishers, an Evangelical Christian publisher located in Eugene, OR seeks a
Web and Technical Support Specialist to join our IT Team.
The responsibilities of the Web and Technical Support Specialist is to provide technical and creative support for Social Media outlets and Website strategies. To understand the system processes for current software databases and provide support to the end
users. To be the backup support for the Senior Systems Administrator as needed and to be an active member of the IT Team.
Website and Social Media outlets
Social Media outlets
- Provide technical support and help establish an effective presence on social media sites.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Sales teams to help coordinate media promotions on all relevant platforms.
- Research new creative ideas and solutions to meet corporate goals and marketing strategies.
- Monitor data and trending to help identify successes and areas of improvement.
- Web design including layout and coding of sites or pages.
- Develop ways to keep the corporate website innovative and current.
- Work with the Website team to help grow direct to consumer sales.
- Technical support for managing email lists and email promotions.
- Troubleshoot and manage open issues and fixes with our Website Host provider.
- Maintain title images and file specs for uploading to the website.
- Maintain and work on data feeds to all website partners.
- Research and identify source of all title data issues.
- Monitor and work with Partners such as Amazon to resolve data issues.
- Firebrand and other software solutions. Understanding of workflows and processes to provide technical support to the staff.
- Provide user support for workstations, printers and phones.
- Help setup meeting rooms and provide technical support as needed.
- Configure new workstations; to include software, hardware, network connections and peripherals such as mice, terminals, mouse pads, etc.
- Provide user support for telephone and voicemail issues including handsets.
- SQL Reporting - write and develop reports for company as needed.
- Provide backup for the Senior Systems Administrator when needed.
- Be an active member of the IT Team, working together to research and implement system solutions to provide technology that will meet the needs of each department and the Corporation.
- Provide documentation on completed projects to the Director of IS.
- Communication with the Director of IS – meet on a regular basis to prioritize and review current projects.
- Have a full understanding of corporate policies and procedures regarding Information Technologies.
- Set and follow a standard of high integrity regarding systems and data security. The IT Team needs to set the standard for maintaining the security and integrity of our software and network.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by the Director of IS.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Website design and software experience.
- Social Media and digital marketing knowledge and experience.
- Strong active listening skills.
- Good critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Helpdesk experience.
- Intermediate programming experience and knowledge.
- Intermediate training or equivalent field experience in computer technology hardware and software.
- Windows OS experience – server and client.
- Windows Office Suite experience – Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- SQL Server experience.
- Intermediate switch and Firewall knowledge and experience.
- Hands-on hardware technical skills – upgrades and routine diagnostics, replacements and repairs.
- Knowledge of Firebrand software a plus, but not required.
- At least 2 years formal training or equivalent field experience in computer technology.
- Intermediate Helpdesk experience.
Relocation to Eugene, OR required. Qualified applicants send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Due to the volume of responses anticipated, only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted.