Reports to the Senior Associate Pastor
Ministry Description / Purpose
- Facilitates age-specific ministry programming for children birth – 5th grade.
- Works in partnership with the Family Pastor in providing resources and support to families regarding the spiritual development of the child/children.
- Mature Christian walk and character.
- Understanding of child development including physical, social, emotional, and spiritual development and best practices associated with development.
- Ability to work well with staff, volunteers, and families within the church environment.
- Possess strong communication skills.
- Experience working in a Children’s Ministry environment with leadership responsibility for at least two years.
Duties and Responsibilities
- (25%) Coordinates regular Sunday programming for a fun, dynamic and engaging Children’s Ministry.
- (15%) Coordinating outward focused ministry approaches for families in our surrounding communities not yet part of GCC.
- (15%) Coordinates regular discipleship programming for Children’s Ministry.
- (5%) Creates and manages Children’s Ministry budget.
- (15%) Supervises and provides instruction to Children’s Ministry staff.
- (10%) Maintains positive relationships with the ministry team and seeks to integrate ministry efforts.
- (5%) Coordinates special events that support the vision of the church and the Children’s Ministry.
- (5%) Partners with the Senior Associate Pastor in providing resources for families with regards to spiritual development.
- (5%) Partners with GCA in sharing of space in order to meet ministry and educational objectives.
- Maintain a Children’s Ministry that is focused on the 20/20 Vision (Outward Focused, Reaching Unreached People, Every Generation Matters, Engage the Next Generation).
- Maintain a Children’s Ministry that is Characterized by Grace Community Church’s mission (Grow Richly, Reach Intentionally, Adore Passionately, Connect Authentically, Engage Wholeheartedly)