CRISTA Ministries. "Where faith meets vocation."
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES: (Responsibilities, Accountabilities, and Competencies; May not include all duties of this job)
- Resident Care Management: The DNS in collaboration with the Administrator and other Nursing Center management will work to develop program, financial and clinical strategic and operational goals in response to the changing health care environment.
- Financial Management: Prepare, submit and administer required annual budgets, reports and records. Provide leadership to Nurse Managers in financial stewardship and monitoring budget supply and labor costs. Monitor case mix, RUGS and census
to assist in meeting revenue targets.
- Environmental Management: Provide guidance and request for major equipment and supplies within the budget. Develop a prioritized list of requirements when requested. Mentor Nurse Managers on monitoring and identifying facility and equipment
- Regulatory Management: Monitor and provide leadership in understanding and compliance with current regulations and health care policies. Assist in representing the facility with federal, state and local agencies.
- Organizational Management: Support the mission and objectives of CRISTA Ministries and fulfill those of the Senior Community. Develop, maintain and improve nursing care, education and service philosophies, objectives and current standards
of practice. Establish and maintain positive relationships with all departments, residents, families, physicians, consultants, vendors, community, local, state and federal agencies and peers.
- In the absence of the Administrator, provide facility leadership and perform the duties of the Administrator, under the direction of the Senior Living Vice President.
- Provide data or forecasts of nursing requirements as needed. Implement and monitor the annual goals for Nursing. Serve as the facility’s representative in various forums as needed.
- Develop a cross department cooperative spirit within the ministry.
- Work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers, staff, and residents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Provide direct leadership and mentorship to the Nurse Managers and MDS Lead with full authority to hire, train, manage performance and recommend corrective action and termination. Provide matrix leadership to
QA/Infection Control. Oversee initial training and continuing education programs to ensure staff preparation for their position. Monitor direct reports on supply use, FTE and resource utilization, compliance with regulatory requirements and accountability
to meet outcomes. Ensure appropriate credentialing of all staff. Provide consultation to staff in meeting residents’ and the Nursing department’s needs.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience)
Christian Commitment: Agreement and support of CRISTA’s Statement of Faith with a living and mature Christ-centered life-style.
Education: Nursing Degree (RN) from accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent.
- Minimum three years of supervisory experience in a health related facility.
- Proven leadership experience.
- Proven decision making processes.
- Ability to understand and implement minimum data sets (MDS)/billing systems with nursing management.
- Administrative and organization skills.
- Experience in developing program and implementing budgets.
- A working knowledge of federal and state policies and regulations.
Licensure/Certification: Nursing License in good standing with the State of Washington.
- Read, write, communicate in and interpret English at a functional level.
- Ability to deal tactfully and professionally with a wide spectrum of personalities, leadership, supervisors, staff, residents, families and peers.
- Ability to lead in both a direct and matrix model.
- Ability to mentor and counsel supervisors and staff.
- Ability to work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers, staff, and residents.
Software and Equipment Used: Strong computer skills in MS Office and a working knowledge of Outlook.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience)
Education: Bachelor of Arts: Nursing.
- Knowledge of the MDS system and processes.
- Knowledge of therapy programs.
- Knowledge of restorative programs.
Licensure/Certification: DNS Certificate.
Software and Equipment Used:
- Knowledge of QuickCare.
- Knowledge of EQUIP.
Please submit an online application via our website: https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CRISTA&cws=44&rid=1841