The Orange County Rescue Mission is a Faith based organization to assist the homeless and needy of Orange County, California. The Rescue Mission is looking for a full time Veterans Outreach Care Coordinator to be a direct representative of OCRM within the
Veteran community. This position will provide outreach and ministry to Veterans in need through referrals to OCRM Admissions Department and various Veteran benefit programs, with the goal of helping Veterans take the steps necessary to achieve their life
goals. The Veterans Outreach Care Coordinator will also serve as a referral agent, providing outreach based case management in our community.
Some of the Job Duties are:
- Pre-screen veteran candidates to determine eligibility for OCRM services.
- Develop and implement a strategy for daily interaction within the Veteran community.
- Establish relationships with community organizations that would facilitate the setup of special donations and assistance specific to the unique needs of Veterans
- Be innovative and look for ways to open the line of communication and build trust with homeless Veterans.
- Make contact and follow-up with Veterans to ensure that all scheduled admissions appointments are kept.
- Maintain accurate and timely records all contacts and encounter data.
- Submit a weekly activity report to management.
- Work in conjunction with the Admissions Manager to pre-screen potential Veterans individually and as family units, and provide referrals based on pre-screening outcomes.
- Provide outreach for potential clients referred by donors, partners, churches and key community contacts.
- Provide information, referral and follow-up based services.
- Deliver and coordinate outreach focused care coordination services.
- Increase knowledge and network of resources by attending community based meetings and outreaches that represent public, private, faith based, and business organizations.
- Meets monthly with team to evaluate program effectiveness and compliance with contracts.
- Meets with supervisor for regular consultation, support, etc.
- Maintain a clean, safe and unobstructed workspace.
These duties are not exclusive and with consideration of the job requirements and employee skills, this job description can be added to or taken away from at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor.
Job Skills & Requirements
- A personal relationship with Jesus, good working knowledge of the Bible, signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith.
- Must be a United States Veteran with an Honorable Discharge from Armed Forces, preferably Combat Veteran.
- Degree in Religion/Ministry or Social Work is desired with a minimum of 6 months - 1 year of ministry outreach to adults in need (veteran outreach preferred) OR any combination of experience and education to make an equivilency.
- Strong working knowledge of benefits a Veteran can receive and how to apply for said benefits.
- Social in nature and have the desire to make a positive impact in lives of Veterans and their families.
- Knowledge and experience working with individuals in crisis.
- Ability to effectively meet required deadlines.
- A pleasant personality to people you are speaking to on the telephone, visitors, and company personnel.
- The ability to act and think promptly, professionally, as a team member.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information.
- Good organizational and administrative skills.
- Basic typing (40 wpm), Hands-on PC compatible computer knowledge with proficiency in Microsoft Office Windows programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Internet Explorer).
- Maintain an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
- Provide and use his/her personal vehicle for job-related travel and ensure that it has valid insurance that meets at least the State of California’s minimum basic requirements.
- Maintain membership in good standing status at a local Bible-believing church.
For more information on the Veterans Outreach Care Coordinator job duties and requirements or to apply, please visit the OC Rescue Mission’s Employment Site and Online Application Portal:
All applicants must complete an application and a Statement of Faith. You may also obtain a hard copy of the application at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. You may submit your application in person, via mail (attention
Human Resources), the OCRM website or via fax 714-566-6461. This position is open until filled.