A HEART willing to serve and adapt to another culture.
WILLINGNESS TO respect and work under the mission and vision of the school.
AT LEAST an AA Degree or equivalent, Bachelor's Degree Preferred
Teaching Experience, it is helpful to have ESL teaching experience or ESL coursework
A commitment of at least 11 months
WILLINGNESS TO wear a uniform during teaching hours AND CONDUCT YOURSELF AS UEPE STAFF
DUTIES FOR ENGLISH TEACHERS
- WORK TO SUPPORT UEPE MISSION AND OBJECTIVES AND TO BE EXCELLANT IN ALL THAT YOU DO, ALL TEACHERS ARE TEAM MEMBERS AT UEPE AND REQUIRED TO PERFORM AS ANY FULL TIME STAFF PERSON. WORK EFFICIENTLY, SHOW LOYALTY TO UEPE AND FOLOWING PRINICIPLES OF BIBLICAL
ETHICS AND MORALITY. FOLLOW SCHOOL POLICIES.
- ABIDE BY SCHOOL SCHEDULES, ARRIVING ON TIME AND LEAVING for lunch AFTER LAST ASSGNED CLASS , MONDAY TO FRIDAY. AFTERNOON hours will be AS ASSIGNED TO TUTOR CHILDREN, ATTEND MEETINGS, OR LESSON PLANNING.
BE AVAILABLE EVENING HOURS AND WEEKENDS WHEN NEEDED.
- Be sensitive to student needs and show appropriate supervision of students while at the UEPE campus.
- Teach English CLASSES ASSIGNED WITH Children ages 3 through high school. FOLLOW SCHOOL POLICIES FOR DISCIPLINE, HOMEWORK, ASSIGNMENTS, GRADING AND DOCUMENTATION. BE FLEXIBLE WHEN CLASSES ARE CANCELLED AND WORK WITH ECUADORIAN TEACHERS FOR HELP WITH
INDIVIDUAL BEHAVIOR PLANS AND CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT TECHNIQUES USED AT THE GRADE LEVEL.
- COMPLETE TEACHER PORTFOLIO, INCLUDING ALL PAPERWORK AS ASSIGNED BY SUPERVISOR AND ACCORDING TO ECUADORIAN EDUCATION MODELS. THIS INCLUDES ANNUAL PLANS, DAILY/WEEKLY LESSON PLANS, COLLECTING MATERIALS NEEDED, CREATING VISUALS OR GAMES, AND INCORPORATING
CHRISTIAN VALUES INTO THE CLASSROOM. Create visuals such as posters, puppets, and props to teach new vocabulary.
- Meet with the English Program coordinator AS ASSIGNED to review lesson plans and for ideas to make the English classes excellent. Your performance will be evaluated.
- SHOW FLEXIBILITY AND BE WILLING TO TAKE ON ADDITIONAL DUTIES AS NEEDED. THIS MAY INCLUDE SUPPORTING PARENTS OF STRUGGLING STUDENTS, teaching other classes for parents or students, office work, substiuting for other teachers AND WORKING TO IMPROVE
ALL ASPECTS OF THE SCHOOL.
- KEEP YOUR WORK AREA AS INVITING AS POSSIBLE. SHARE MATERIALS AND LOOK FOR WAYS TO BLESS OTHERS AT THE SCHOOL.
EMMANUEL CHRISTIAN SCHOOL HUMAN RESOURCE POLICIES
- Internet is available at the school FOR PLANNING AND BUSINESS PURPOSES. ALL STAFF ARE INSTRUCTED TO INVESTING IN SOCIAL MEDIA TIME DURING NON-WORKING HOURS.
- ALL STAFF AND VOLUNTEERS SIGN IN AND OUT WITH THE TIME CLOCK.ALL PLANNED ABSENSES NEED TO BE SUBMITTED IN WRITING. SICKNESS NEEDS TO BE REPORTED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE TO YOUR IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR. ROUTINE DOCTOR/DENTIST APPOINTMENTS NEED TO BE SCHEDULED
ON A NON CLASS DAY OR IN THE AFTERNOON.
- if you need to leave the school during your assigned hours to buy materials or for any other reason, please let your immediate supervisor know in person or through a text message.
- PLEASE REFER TO THE SCHOOL CALENDAR FOR HOLIDAYS AND NON-WORKING DAYS, school is generally in session September to the end of June, with summer session during the month of July. PLEASE BE FLEXIBLE IF THE GOVERNMENT HOLIDAYS CHANGE.
- FOLLOW THE SCHOOL YEAR CALENDAR FOR TURNING IN GRADES AND OTHER REPORTS, ATTENDING MEETINGS AND OTHER EVENTS. PLEASE BE FLEXIBLE TO CHANGES IN THE CALENDAR. DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND OUR CONTROL, SOMETIMES CALENDAR ITEMS ARE KNOWN TO CHANGE AT THE