CRISTA Ministries. "Where faith meets vocation."
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES: Responsibilities, Accountabilities, and Competencies; May not include all duties of this job.
- Prospecting, cold calling and developing new customers by creatively solving prospects’ marketing problems with effective solutions and achieving monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals established by management. This will normally and recurrently take
place at the customers’ place of business 1-2 days a week and be accomplished by working with the GM. Access to all the resources of the Sales team, including presentation materials, research information, sales packages, promotional materials, and sales training
will be provided.
- Assist Traffic Manager/Sales Assistant and Sales Team with administrative duties as assigned by the Traffic Manager/Sales. Assistant and Sales Managers for up to 11 hours each week.
- Meet multiple times a week with the GM to report on progress, strategize future actions for success and communicate increased sales productivity and reduced expenses ideas.
- Work on previously established advertising business assigned by the GM on an interim basis covering for team members who are out of the office.
- Strive to achieve the performance standards and measurable goal on monthly evaluations by working with the GM: Develop a minimum of 20 new active accounts each year.
- Sell non-traditional revenue and integrated marketing to advertisers.
- Attend all required meetings.
- Submit pending reports promotional requests, broadcast orders, and traffic/production orders in a timely manner.
- Attend clients’ promotions events.
- Achieve revenue budgets.
- Collect client and agency invoice payments, following station credit and cash in advance policies.
- Uphold department policies and standards, including CRISTA commercial acceptance policy. Accurate execution and follow through of commercial orders, including order input and order reconciliation and ready-to-air commercial copy.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience
Christian Commitment: Demonstrated life commitment to Jesus Christ and His service through word and action in order to effectively integrate faith and vocation and a willingness to participate in prayer in the office.
Education: Associate of Arts degree from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent.
Experience: None Licensure/Certification: Valid WA State Driver’s License and carrying auto insurance.
- Must provide own transportation to conduct outside sales calls.
- A desire to build a career in radio sales and a demonstrated deep interest in marketing and advertising, including social media usage.
- Persuasive skill, outgoing personality, high self-confidence, passion for success, courage, and self-starting.
- Work a minimum of 40 hours per week, with a goal of 10-15 unique sales contacts per week, (these are actual contacts, speaking with the decision-maker) 5-10 of which are in-person calls. Unique contacts include e-mails and phone calls to advance the sale.
- Represent station in a professional manner, including but not limited to personal appearance and presentation skills.
- Respond to clients and station personnel promptly and respectfully, especially between the hours of 8:30am and 5:30pm, M-F.
Software and Equipment Used: Able to perform work at a high proficiency on Windows based software programs on desktop computer including Microsoft Office Suite. Candidate will be trained in Wide Orbit, the commercial trafficking system.
Accuracy of work is a must. Effective use of keyboard and mouse is essential.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent.
please submit an online application via our webiste: https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CRISTA&cws=41&rid=1829