CRISTA Ministries. "Where faith meets vocation."
CRISTA ministries exists to love God by serving people worldwide in the areas of education, international relief & development, senior living, and media. As one of the leaders in international relief and development, World Concern is looking for the next
great Church Engagement Officer. This position has primary responsibility for identifying, building and managing a portfolio of churches and individuals to financially support and partner with the work of World Concern.
Are you intrigued? Let us introduce you to the Resource Advancement Team at CRISTA Ministries. They are a group of people who love the Lord Jesus Christ and the work they do. They work together within all seven ministries of CRISTA to overcome challenges
and learn from one another regardless of their organizational titles. Here, innovation is valued so your ideas are heard and you are supported as we work together to advance God’s Kingdom through CRISTA Ministries.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES: (Responsibilities, Accountabilities, and Competencies; May not include all duties of this job)
- Conduct and coordinate face-to-face meetings, communication and other activities with churches, pastors, staff and key individuals through providing personalized attention, spiritual encouragement, donor appreciation and strategic solicitation towards a
mutually transformative partnership.
- Identify, build and manage a portfolio of churches and individuals, plan and implement moves management strategies.
- Liaise with churches/groups that are holding fundraising events for World Concern providing guidance, materials and support.
- Utilize Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge for managing donor records and activities and ensure that all data is input into Raiser’s Edge promptly and accurately.
- Introduce and utilize World Concern’s President, key World Concern leadership and field staff to build broad understanding of World Concern and to facilitate deepening connections and transformational partnerships.
- Work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers and external partners.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience)
- Christian Commitment:
- Mature Christian that demonstrates a Christ honoring life/testimony.
- Agreement and support of CRISTA’s Statement of Faith.
- Ability to converse intelligently and graciously about issues of faith.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent. Relevant work experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.
- Relevant work in the local church, church networks or national/regional ministry. Large church experience preferred.
- At least 2 years of successful experience in nonprofit major gift fundraising or business to business sales field.
- Software and Equipment Used:
- Microsoft Office Suite – Intermediate level functionality.
- Raisers Edge
- Other Considerations:
- Strong understanding of the North American church.
- Experience in preaching/speaking in public worship services, church gatherings, and meetings.
- Able to work 45-50 hours per week, nights & weekends to accommodate donor availability.
- Articulate passion for World Concern’s mission.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with all age groups.
- Manage multiple and changing priorities, while remaining goal oriented.
- Valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle - mileage costs are reimbursed.
- Keep and manage records in an orderly manner.
- Able to convert relationships to effective and sustained partnership to fund World Concern in relationship with pastor, staff and/or committee members.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally.
- Participate as a team member by contributing in meetings, prayer, devotions, and other opportunities.
- Ability to work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers and external partners.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience)
- Education: Advanced degree with specific emphasis in Theology, International Development, Missions, Communications, etc.
- Church executive staff experience (large church preferred) and/or international field experience
- 5 years of advanced fundraising and sales skills including those related to telephone, direct verbal and written communication.
- Software and Equipment Used: Proficiency with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge software.
To be considered for this position, please submit an online application: