CRISTA Ministries. “Where faith meets vocation.”
Are you someone who loves designing and developing functional and compelling websites and digital designs? Do you want to put your gifts and talents to work where your interactive design creativity and skills help make the world a better place?
We are looking for a Web Designer responsible for building well-thought-out interactive experiences for our World Concern, Seattle Urban Academy, Christian Veterinary Mission, CRISTA Media and other ministries of CRISTA as needed. CRISTA is a family of seven
ministries loving God by serving people worldwide in the areas of education, international relief & development, senior living, and media. Come experience the excellence of God’s work through CRISTA and its ministries.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES: (Responsibilities, Accountabilities, and Competencies; May not include all duties of this job)
1. Execute digital design from initial concept/sketch stage, to highly functional and responsive digital content to help drive fundraising, sales and branding efforts that meet ministry goals and design standards. Develop and design for email communication
campaigns and digital acquisition strategies. Most common assignments include website development and enhancements, ecommerce management, email marketing campaigns and digital content updates.
2. Maintain an organized, consistent tracking of all projects performed, including time spent on individual projects, and submit reports on a weekly basis.
3. Attend weekly department meetings and devotionals, as well as creative planning meetings for appropriate projects.
4. Perform other related duties as assigned, including helping with search engine optimization or other needs.
5. Work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers and customers.
6. Perform other related duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervises the use of and enforces CRISTA and/or its ministries’ logos and brand standards.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience)
- Christian Commitment:
- A deep and abiding faith that is fully surrendered to the will of Jesus Christ, evidenced by a lifestyle that is consistent with biblical principles.
- Demonstrated commitment to spiritual growth and development that is exemplified in word and deed.
- Demonstrates the values of a CRISTA leader.
- Bachelor’s degree in design from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent. Relevant work experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.
- Familiar with print design and production principals, including strong typography skills, file preparation/packaging, pre-press and printing issues.
- Software and Equipment Used:
- Demonstrated proficiency with Creative Suite and HTML5/CSS3/Web authoring tools.
- Experience or familiarity with ecommerce, development and database management tools, such as: Salesforce, Americommerce, Shopify, Siteleaf, Concrete5, AWS, GIT, Classy, Wufoo, TypeForm.
- Other Considerations:
- Possesses a visually compelling online portfolio.
- Solid design foundation with an eye for great typography.
- Strong communicator and storyteller.
- Creative, flexible, detail-oriented, organized, and able to manage multiple projects/deadlines successfully.
- Able to successfully work with a team in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment and have strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Able to independently manage multiple projects and timelines. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Ability to work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers and customers.
To be considered for this position, please submit an application via our website: https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CRISTA&cws=41&rid=1830