Job Title: Facilities Manager
Area/Location: Cityteam Portand-Portland, Oregon
Reports To: City Director
Subordinates: Interns, Clients & Volunteers
Date Submitted for Revision: 3.1.17
Job Description Approved: 3.2.17
Classification: Manager/Full-Time Exempt
Salary: Range starts at $40,000/DOE
Cityteam Portland is seeking an experienced Facilities Manager to ensure the successful day to day operation of our ministry. A large percentage of your time will be focused on maintenance and facilities. The rest of your time will be divided into administrative
tasks including but not limited to strategic planning, budget oversight, and system development. Our Facilities Manager should be highly organized and experienced in equipment, vehicle, and facility maintenance. If you are looking for a hands-on ministry involving
both facilities and people, this may be the position for you.
We work in a fast-paced, occasionally unpredictable atmosphere with limited resources; and we take our work and mission seriously. Our ideal candidate will be able to function well under pressure and handle difficult situations with grace. To fit in with
our team, you'll need to be flexible, teachable, able to work both independently and collaboratively, have a great sense of humor, and a passion and willingness to care for the most vulnerable people in our community. If you love Jesus, want to be on the front
line of ministry to the addicted, homeless, and marginalized in Portland's inner east side, and are interested in joining the team of one of Oregon Business Magazine's Top 100 Nonprofits to Work For in Oregon 2016, we’d like to hear from you today.
- Oversee all preventive, corrective, and emergency maintenance projects.
- Perform skilled labor in construction, plumbing, electrical, equipment maintenance, carpentry, painting, and other related areas.
- Develop and maintain a list of needed repairs and improvements.
- Choose and work with vendors for equipment repair and maintenance.
- Manage the fleet of Cityteam Portland vehicles.
- Build a small team of client and volunteer drivers.
- Help with other projects, as assigned.
- Maintain the scheduling, assignment, and accountability of all facility jobs and chores.
- Manage the scheduling and completion of all product pick-ups and deliveries.
- Oversee donations, including tracking statistics and submitting reports.
- Establish clear processes and procedures for all operations.
- Prepare training materials, set up quality controls, and train clients, interns, volunteers, and staff on all aspects of the ministry.
- Maintain a sanitized and organized shelter environment that meets or exceeds all public health and fire code requirements.
- Ensure that all paperwork and bills are processed in a timely manner according to the guidelines estabilished by the Finance Department.
- Communicate effectively with people from a wide variety of socioeconomic, education, and cultural backgrounds.
- Solicit both participation in and financial support for facility projects as needed.
- Participate in all Portland staff activities and meetings, as requested.
PLEASE NOTE: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stand and sit for prolonged amounts of time
- Walk, bend, twist, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl
- Push 100 pounds
- Lift and carry 75 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Finger and hand dexterity to feel, handle, and operate objects, tools or controls, and to reach with hands and arms
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 21 years of age or older
- Valid Oregon Driver’s License with a clean record
- No DUI in the past 10-years
- Minimum 2 years of demonstrated experience in equipment, vehicle, and facility maintenance and repair
- Computer literate and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
Preferred Education and Experience
- 4-year degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Prior supervisory experience
- Familiarity with drug and alcohol recovery principles
Additional Eligibility Qualifications for Cityteam Ministries
- Must have an intimate, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Must be active in a local Christian body of believers or at least pursuing community with other Christ-followers
- Must have compatible theology on major issues of Cityteam's Statement of Faith
- Must be committed to serving God and the body of Christ