Samaritan's Purse (SP) is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war,
poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve! We have an opportunity
for a Cloud Security Administrator to join our Information Technology team!
Ensures secure operation of in-house computer systems, servers, and network connections.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Faithfully upholds SP in prayer.
- Consistently participates in daily SP staff devotions.
- Demonstrates behavior aligned with SP’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
- Develops, implements, maintains, and oversees enforcement of policies, procedures, and associated plans for system security administration and user system access based on industry-standard best practices for all cloud related systems
- Conducts research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of security enhancement and development efforts and emerging security alerts and issues
- Recommends, schedules, and performs security improvements, upgrades, and/or purchases for all cloud related systems
- Deploys, manages, and maintains all security systems and their corresponding or associated software, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, cryptography systems, and anti-virus software for all cloud related systems
- Manages connection security for local area networks, ministry websites, intranet, and email, and performs penetration testing of all systems to identify system vulnerabilities for all cloud related systems
- Designs, implements, and reports on security system and end user activity audits and reports to IS management, internal auditor, or others as directed for all cloud related systems
- Monitors server logs, firewall logs, intrusion detection logs, and network traffic for unusual or suspicious activity; interprets such activity and makes recommendations for resolution for all cloud related systems
- Recommends, schedules, and applies fixes, security patches, disaster recovery procedures, and any other measures required in the event of a security breach for all cloud related systems
- Remains available to provide on-call support as needed by management to fulfill the department Service Level Agreement and Internal Operating Procedures for all cloud related systems
- Follows policies of SP's as set forth in the Policy Manual
- Attends daily morning devotions and participates in prayer support for ministry, its donors, and volunteers
- Maintains strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and general public
Marginal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists cloud team on other projects as needed and available, as directed by management
- Serves as backup for IT Security Administrator as needed
- Reports to Network Manager