Today’s Youth Matter
Director of OPERATIONS
Since 1990 Today’s Youth Matter (TYM) has served thousands of disadvantaged children living in Alameda, Contra Costa, Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties. TYM is dedicated to uplifting at-risk children, ages 8-12, in under-resourced communities of the Bay
Area. These kids live with a legacy of trauma with a majority in the foster care system. TYM fulfills its vision of transforming kid’s lives by strengthening confidence, building up their faith and providing opportunities through authentic relationships and
experiences. TYM’s dynamic camp program is a respite for traumatized children, while
THRIVE! Youth Academy in Richmond is our after school program that supports children year-round.
The Director of Operations will report to the Executive Director (ED) and have primary responsibility for day-to-day operations including; administrative, and operational planning, marketing, communications, and oversight of accounting and budgeting. The
Director of Operations will work collaboratively with the Director of Programs. The position is full time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Responsible for all administrative matters, perform and/or supervise staff and volunteers as applicable in the areas of communication, on-line and direct mail marketing, database management, event planning, volunteer programs, church, community and stakeholder
- Responsible for recruitment, training and supervision of volunteers to lead and/or assist with administrative, marketing, development, and all other functions of the ministry.
- Provide support to the ED and fund development team in expanding and strengthening stakeholder relationships and fund development
- Oversee accounting and financial reporting.
- Working with the ED and board treasurer, assist in the preparation of the annual operating plan and presentation to the Board of Directors. Oversee monthly reporting on actual performance against the operating plan.
- Assist in recruitment and placement of required staff; monitor and evaluate performance in partnership with the ED and Director of Programs
- Assist the ED and board in the procurement of appropriate insurance coverage. Oversee and ensure compliance with the health and safety policies.
- Deep and mature relationship with Jesus Christ and be willing and able to share that journey in building relationships with campers, volunteers, staff and board members
- Passion for the Mission Statement of TYM
- Self-motivated and a do-it-yourself attitude, working in an environment with minimal support staff.
- High personal integrity, a team player that builds trust and credibility within TYM and outside of the ministry
- Strong interest and commitment to urban disadvantaged youth
- Demonstrated leadership ability and strong customer service skills. The ability to multi-task, delegate responsibilities and effectively manage administration and volunteers ?
- High comfort level working in a diverse environment and working conditions ?
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or minimum 3 years of management/administrative experience
- Demonstrated computer skills; proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, and other common software. ?
- Flexible and ability to reprioritize
- Virtual or physical office setting with frequent telephone contacts
- On occasion work outdoors
- Frequent meetings off site requiring personal transportation (e)
- Lifting of items under 30 lbs. (e)
- Flexible hours; evenings and weekends will be required at times.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.