Please apply here: http://vsearch.ws/2kivK2Y
About the Organization:
Family Talk is a Christian non-profit organization located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Founded in 2010 by Dr. James Dobson, the ministry promotes and teaches biblical principles that support marriage, family, and child-development. Since its
inception, Family Talk has served millions of families with broadcasts, monthly newsletters, feature articles, videos, blogs, books, and other resources available on demand via its website, mobile apps, and social media platforms.
Dr. Dobson is joined on his flagship program, Family Talk, by best-selling author and renown pediatrician, Dr. Meg Meeker, who together discuss topics of interest to families, including child rearing, marriage, family finance, medical and psychological
issues, and family counsel. Aired on more than 1,200 radio and online outlets, Family Talk is broadcast coast-to-coast in the United States and is heard all over the world online.
About the Position:
The role of the Chief Operations Officer of Dr. Dobson’s Family Talk will support and assist in overseeing the life and direction of the organization. This will require a firm grasp of the beliefs, values, and strategy of Family Talk, and the ability to
align staff and key leadership teams with its mission. They will ensure that the systems, practices, and policies of the organization responsibly, effectively, and successfully support its activities. The COO will be marked by an exceedingly strong and proven
history of leadership acumen. They will offer strategic insight to the future of the organization while working in collaboration with Dr. Dobson, and supporting his visionary leadership in the ministry of Family Talk.
What We Are Searching For:
The successful candidate for this position will be able to meet the following expectations, among others:
- Strategically plan, and coordinate staff in the execution of the organization’s mission and vision, and define strategic goals and action plans.
- Provide the catalyzing challenges and activities that allow Family Talk to remain true to its mission and vision.
- Lead, evaluate, and mentor existing staff in their respective areas of responsibility and prioritize staff additions.
- Ensure the completion of business, facility, and logistical support functions through staff.
- Improve and increase current and future programming, and maximize its capacity to reach a larger audience.
- Ensure that the message is communicated with consistence, quality, creativity, and with the primary target and the organization’s mission in mind at all times.
- Ability to manage a budget of $8-$10 million
- Offer sound input to current flow of financial management, and implement modifications as necessary as deemed appropriate by Dr. Dobson.
An advanced degree in a related field, with the following skills to scale:
- Confident and agile leadership
- Relatability across multi-ethnic and generational communities
- Ability to identify problems, develop, and implement solutions
- Strong organizational capacity with ability to effectively manage organizational infrastructures
- An aptitude for team building
- Exceedingly strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Self-disciplined and entrepreneurial work ethic
- Effective problem solving capabilities
- Relaxed and diplomatic
- A constant desire to achieve excellence
- Task oriented without being abrasive
- Comfortable with confrontation
About the Location:
Colorado Springs is the most populous city in El Paso County. It is located just east of the geographic center of the state and 61 miles south of the Denver.
Its highly diverse community has always reached for the sky, while remaining firmly grounded in the tremendous opportunities that its lifestyle affords its residents each day. Not limited to its manmade facilities, the region boasts incredible natural ground,
inspirational views, vistas, and a commitment to excellence that transcends sports and infuses itself in their educational, medical, technological, and cultural assets.
Colorado Springs is the heart of the nation’s Olympic movement, where a timeless culture of achievement, national pride, and dedication sit comfortably alongside awe-inspiring beauty and unparalleled natural training grounds. It is home to the United States
Olympic Committee Headquarters, 21 National Olympic governing bodies, over 50 National Sport Organizations, the U.S. Olympic Training Center, and the future U.S. Olympic Museum and Hall of Fame.
Colorado Springs was selected as the No. 1 Best Big City in "Best Places to Live" by Money magazine in 2006, and ranked #1 in Outside Magazine's 2009 list of America's Best Cities. The region consistently ranks at the top of a variety of national
and international lists including:
- #1 Best Town (Outside magazine)
- #2 Cities for Veterans (Livability)
- #2 Safest City in the United States (InsuranceProviders.com)
- #3 Best Places to Live (Earth Day Network)
- #5 Best Cities to Live, Work, and Play (MSNBC)
- #5 Great City for Young Adults
Please apply here: http://vsearch.ws/2kivK2Y