TO APPLY, PLEASE VISIT: https://theseedcompany.org/were-hiring
JOB TITLE: Senior Software Developer
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
REPORTS TO: DevOps Manager
LOCATION: Arlington, TX
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT: Seed Company is a Vision 2025 organization
committed to Bible translation through national translators in creative partnerships. The
Seed Company seeks to work where it is evident that God is working and where the
uniqueness of its vision makes it most feasible for The Seed Company to be involved.
VISION: God’s Word transforming lives in every language in this generation.
MISSION: To accelerate Scripture translation and impact for people without God’s Word
through Great Commission partnerships.
VALUES: Honoring God in all we do, valuing individuals and relationships, partnering
effectively, encouraging creativity and innovation, and managing for quality results.
SCOPE: The Senior Software Developer serves as an integral part of the IT team,
which delivers products and services that support every other department at TSCO as
well as other organizations in the Bible translation movement. We are looking for a
senior technical leader to support the next phase of team and product development.
You will serve as a player/coach and oversee processes and procedures while
simultaneously mentoring junior developers.
• Collaborate with business and IT leaders to create products and maintain
• Be an integral part of project architecture and review discussions
• Serve as a player/coach -- you will get to code and also review the work of
• Work with our Infrastructure & Security Engineer to oversee backend
• Provide ongoing security training for software developers
• Take personal responsibility for the overall quality and reliability of our code
• Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task force groups as directed
and maintain required level of knowledge pertaining to operating procedures,
requirements, processes and policies.
• Lead and or participate in projects or task force groups which focus on issues
having organization wide impact.
• Perform or assist with any assignments as required or directed.
• Strong faith in Jesus Christ as Savior; God honoring lifestyle;
• Passion for the Word of God and provision of the Word for every people group;
• Championing The Seed Company’s vision, mission, and values;
• BS or MS in Computer Science or related field and 5+ years experience
• Experience of LAMP or MEAN stack, scripting languages, and system
• Mastery of object-oriented design and design patterns
• Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment
• Resourcefulness in solving problems
• Excellent planning and communication skills
• Experience with cloud deployed applications using AWS preferred
• Experience with mobile application frameworks such as PhoneGap or Ionic preferred