TO APPLY, PLEASE VISIT: https://theseedcompany.org/were-hiring
JOB TITLE: ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST
REPORTS TO: CONTROLLER
LOCATION: ARLINGTON, TX
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT: The Seed Company is a Vision 2025 organization
committed to Bible translation through national translators in creative partnerships. The
Seed Company seeks to work where it is evident that God is working and where the
uniqueness of its vision makes it most feasible for The Seed Company to be involved.
VISION: God’s Word transforming lives in every language in this generation.
MISSION: To accelerate Scripture translation and impact for people without God’s Word
through Great Commission partnerships.
VALUES: Honoring God in all we do, valuing individuals and relationships, partnering
effectively, encouraging creativity and innovation, and managing for quality results.
SCOPE: An experienced accountant in either receivables or payables, with focus on
details and good conceptual understanding of complex accounting system structures.
• Can lead donation receipting procedures to ensure that transactions are
processed in keeping with established procedures and audit requirements OR
lead accounts payable procedures to ensure that transactions are processed in
keeping with established procedures and audit requirements.
• For donation receipting, reconcile accounts to ensure that donation information
posted in Sales Force balances with accounting system posting. Investigate and
rectify discrepancies and ensure systems are in balance.
• For accounts payable, oversee processing in both online expense software as
well as invoice module in accounting software in compliance with IRS regulations
with accurate general ledger coding.
• Assist with various accounting responsibilities including monthly and annual
entries, adjustments, and reconciliations of accounts.
• For donation receipting, provide support and backup to the Donations Receipting
Specialists in the donation receipt process. Identify fund allocation, create bank
deposits, and post to system.
• Administer the project accounting process for projects where advances are made
in partnership with Field Business team members. Receive and post receipts for
expenditures to offset advances to project.
• Post and track monthly assessments for overhead costs and redirect unrestricted
gifts to cover budgeted expenses.
• Support the budget administration process. Produce templates for budget
preparation by Leadership Team to build expected spending for overhead,
projects and team expenses. Upload budgets into system.
• Prepare worksheets and provide information as requested for internal and
• Provide support to the Controller to assist with the general accounting and
• Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task force groups as directed
and maintain required level of knowledge pertaining to operating procedures,
requirements, processes and policies.
• Lead and or participate in projects or task force groups which focus on issues
having organization wide impact.
• Perform or assist with any assignments as required or directed.
• Strong faith in Jesus Christ as Savior; God honoring lifestyle;
• Passion for the Word of God and provision of the Word for every people group;
• Championing The Seed Company’s vision, mission, and values;
• Requires at least two years of college education with emphasis in Accounting,
Finance, or Business
• Requires one to three years of experience in Accounting and knowledge of
accounting and database software.