Proactively plan, direct, coordinate, and execute activities concerned with the on-going operation, repair and maintenance of large church building and grounds with minimal direction.
- Build and lead Buildings & Grounds (volunteer) team
- Identify and execute general maintenance work such as painting, changing ceiling tiles, changing various types of light bulbs, minimal plumbing, carpet shampooing, floor buffing, and other general handyman/building maintenance duties
- Other duties include setting up and maintaining baptistery, setting and monitoring thermostats throughout the building, addressing landscaping issues with landscaper, and generally maintaining a neat and beautiful property
- Develop and execute preventive maintenance programs
- Systematize building procedures wherever possible
- Serve as point person for coordinating maintenance, and providing direction to contractors in the maintenance and repair of HVAC systems, electrical system, alarms, elevators, fire sprinkler system, etc.
- Set-up and breakdown rooms in preparation for various events/meetings, requires ability to lift and move tables, chairs, and other items
- Purchase supplies when needed and in conjunction with approvals from finance office
- Willingness to work on some Sundays and some off hours when necessary.
- Become a member of the church
- High School education or equivalent required
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and proactive leader
- Proficient handyman/building skills