Four simple facts drive our vision at Missionary Athletes International and we are in need of a solid, proven leader to oversee our vision for the future and our service to God and neighbor. Those facts are:
- Everyone needs to have their life transformed by Jesus.
- The majority of people make the life-transforming decision to follow Christ before age18
- A sports coach is second only to a family member in terms of positive influence on the moral and educational development of a young person. In some urban areas and foreign countries, the coach has a greater influence.
- Soccer, the world's most popular sport, provides unique opportunities for a sports ministry trained coach to inspire his or her players with the support, skills and virtues needed to live a transformed life flourishing in Christ.
Because of those four facts, committed, God-loving missionaries, staff and supporters, MAI has helped transform the lives of athletes and coaches since 1983. As we continue to serve God by sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ through sports ministry, we are
looking for next generation leadership to shape, serve and share the continued success of MAI to lost world.
The CEO is responsible for communicating MAI’s vision and mission internally and externally to inspire and mobilize people to achieve MAI’s ministry objectives. The CEO will model the ministry vision of MAI and secure the staffing and financial resources
necessary for its achievement. The CEO will personally demonstrate a lifestyle consistent with the MAI statement of faith and standards of a Christian leader as defined by the MAI Board of Directors. The CEO reports directly to the Board of Directors and is
solely accountable to them. The CEO is a voting member of the Board of Directors.
The CEO will direct MAI’s Executive leadership team which includes the U.S. National Director, International Director, Director of Finance and Administration and Director of Mission Support Services. The U.S. National Director manages the ministry programs
through three Office Directors located at each of the U.S. offices. The Director of Finance and Administration is based in Charlotte and the Director of Mission Support Services oversees the donor services team in La Mirada. MAI has over 50 full and part-time
staff located principally in three regional offices: Charlotte, NC; Chicago, IL; and La Mirada, CA. In addition, over 100 college-aged players participate on five teams and staff summer soccer camps.
1. Communicate the mission and vision of MAI externally and internally to generate support for the organization.
2. Manage programs and processes to generate income and manage expenses to achieve the annual financial budget.
3. Oversee all ministry activities to ensure that they fulfill the vision and mission of MAI.
4. Create and cultivate a culture and structure within MAI that develops leaders and motivates staff to serve on a long-term basis.
5. Personally demonstrate a lifestyle which is consistent with the MAI’s mission and statement of faith.
6. Raise personal financial support to cover the salary and expenses of this position.
The successful candidate will be an experienced, mature, inspiring and trustworthy leader. He/she will possess exceptional personal integrity, a servant attitude, an international perspective and a personal and leadership style worth emulating. He/she
will have proven experience managing an organization of a similar size and financial condition. Experience in a non-profit, Christian organization is preferred but not essential. A soccer background is also preferred but not required.