Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty,
natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a
Career with Impact come see how we serve! Samaritan’s Purse has an opening for a Web Designer in our Communications Department.
*Application must include a strong portfolio of creative designs that demonstrate originality, range of multiple concepts and problem solving skills*
Provide creative solutions for defined objectives and projects under the supervision of Creative Director and in collaboration with all members of the Communication team - Senior Web Designer, Marketing, Editorial and Production, to develop new
web pages, and/or maintain existing pages and other digital media projects. Work to create web items that meet requestor's needs and are consistent with existing Samaritan's Purse messaging as directed by VP of Communications and President's Office standards.
- Assist in design and production of web pages and digital media content for the ministry’s various digital media projects.
- Produce web pages, and/or maintain existing pages and other digital media projects.
- Work within technical assistance and guidance provided by Senior Web Designers and art direction from Creative Director to create web deliverables that meet requestor’s needs and are consistent with existing Samaritan’s Purse messaging, as directed by VP
of Communications and President’s Office goals and standards.
- Provide all graphics and design as assigned.
- Coordinate web efforts with dedicated OCC web designers when needed.
- Solid foundation in principles of typography, design and basic graphic illustration skills.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ. To strive to go above and beyond, the norm to serve and grow as a servant leader, and perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in a design related discipline from a four-year college or university preferred; and two or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years interactive digital/web design experience
- Must have proficiency in hand-coding HTML/CSS
- Demonstrated ability to manipulate existing templates with inline styles and media queries to optimize custom HTML emails for desktop, smartphone, and tablet viewing.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent communication skills, must be comfortable with a fast-pace environment
- Knowledge of responsive website design.
- Proficiency in Macintosh for production work is a must, PC familiarity also required.
- Flexibility in handling multiple projects & tight deadline
- Ability to diplomatically articulate concepts and design decisions
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
Employees who work in the U.S. get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide