OPEN M anticipates hiring the CEO position, which reports to the Board of Directors, on or about April 1, 2017, to coincide with the retirement of the incumbent. The salary range is $80,000 to $100,000. Compensation outside the salary range may be considered
based on qualifications. All employees of OPEN M, including the CEO, are responsible to pay for their own health and retirement benefits.
The preferred candidate will be a highly qualified executive, whose experience includes accomplishing strategic and operational change in a non-profit environment while maintaining integrity, being flexible, approachable and goal-oriented. A Bachelor’s
degree is required, with a degree in the Human Services area preferred, or significant years of progressive leadership experience inclusive of initiation of projects, allocating resources and achieving results. A Master’s degree is preferred.
The CEO will manage and direct the ministry toward identified and expected outcomes following established policies as directed by the Board of Directors. Working closely with the Board and OPEN M’s 20 part-time and full-time staff members, the CEO will be
responsible for building effective partnerships and promoting collaborative relationships.
In leading a ministry supported by members of covenantal churches, the CEO will be an adherent to Christianity and able to partner with Christian and other ministries and organizations. The CEO also:
- Ensures the organization and its mission, programs, and services are consistently presented with a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders,
- Demonstrates strong visionary leadership and managerial competence to achieve organizational objectives,
- Maintains a climate which attracts, maintains and motivates a diverse staff of quality individuals,
- Designs and develops programs to meet the client needs within the community, and
- Collaborates with leaders, staff members and other stakeholders to implement desired outcomes from Board of Directors.
In order to perform duties effectively, the CEO will:
- Be entrepreneurial, creative and results-oriented, with an ability to translate strategy into action plans,
- Have extensive experience collaborating with and motivating diverse groups, including employees, local and regional leadership,
- Have a demonstrated ability to influence and motivate others and effectively interact with the community, and
- Have demonstrated success in operations improvement efforts, cost management initiatives and development and have a performance-driven focus with experience in using metrics and data to realize expected outcomes.
Desired leadership attributes include:
- Demonstrated ability to support, encourage and lead a non-profit organization,
- Demonstrated ability to organize and follow through on complex tasks,
- Experience in financial development leading an organization with multiple and complex programs, and
- Collaboration with executive leadership to manage financial, human resources and physical resources of the organization.
In managing OPEN M, the CEO will
- Establish current and long-range goals, objectives, plans and policies, subject to approval of the Board of Directors,
- Dispense advice, guidance, direction, and authorization to carry out major plans, standards and procedures, consistent with established policies and Board of Director approval,
- Meet with the ministry’s other executives to ensure that operations are being executed in accordance with the ministry’s policies.
The CEO also plans and organizes all activities under his/her control in an effective manner; collaborates with the executive leadership, department leaders and the Board to prepare and implement tactical and strategic plans; organizes and delegates work
in an effective manner; establishes appropriate time frames for completion of work; and provides the necessary leadership to ensure effective work results.