To serve the church by providing maintenance services to church buildings and grounds, including church multi-site locations.
Some of the primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Performs routine repairs and maintenance within the facility involving carpentry, painting, plastering, stucco, drywall, electrical, and plumbing. Assists team in more complex maintenance and repair projects.
- Willing to learn to troubleshoot various plumbing and electrical problems under the instruction of other team members.
- Responsible for adjusting doors and door closers. Completing repairs to various parts of buildings and grounds of our campus. Help plan and carry out projects from initial layout to completion including but not limited to stage makeovers.
- Maintain “good housekeeping” practices while working.
- Maintain a safe work environment for self and others.
- Attend staff meetings and retreats.
- Cooperate with the Facilities Maintenance Director by performing any other duties when assigned or instructed.
Spiritual: Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and must have a heart for ministry. Must hold to the Statement of Faith, Core Values, and Ministry Values of Friends Church. Those that serve God on the staff
at Friends Church are expected to set a high standard of personal conduct and lifestyle. It is required that all staff members are members of Friends Church.
Experience, Education and Licensure: Limited or some experience in the following trades: carpentry, plaster, cement finishing, plumbing, electrical and painting. In addition, must be able to read drawings and interpret
sketches. Must be able and willing to use hand and power tools.
Knowledge and Skills
SKILLS: Limited or some experience in basic carpentry, general mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and the use of the tools and materials of the above trades. Limited or some familiarity with plumbing, electrical, and building code requirements.
ABILITY: Ability to read simple assembly diagrams, manufacturer’s drawings and blueprints. Ability to follow instructions and function as a team member. Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner. Ability to work nights, weekends, and
holidays, as requested.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand, bend, kneel and walk. The employee
must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Environment is outdoors/indoors, can be dusty/dirty, and frequently exposed to the possibility of cuts and bruises.
Friends Church reserves the right to change, rescind, add or delete the duties and responsibilities within this job description at any time.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to Dana Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.