Dayton United Methodist Church
Job Title: Director Daycare/Preschool
Mission: The mission of the Dayton United Methodist Church (DUMC) is, “To make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.” Our ministry vision is to “Know Christ, Grow Faith, and Go Witness.”
Purpose: The purpose of the DUMC daycare/preschool ministry is to further the DUMC mission and vision through the operation of a combined daycare/preschool ministry outreach to local area families.
Director: The director is the chief operating officer, having oversight over all aspects of the ministry and the employees required to operate it. The director is responsible to the DUMC Children’s Ministry Team and its advisor, the DUMC
Executive Pastor. This is a full-time, position requiring at least 40 hours of on-site supervisory presence per week. General responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain a Christian lifestyle that is consistent with Biblical teaching/principles and the standards contained in the DUMC Leadership Covenant (can be sent upon request).
- Provide a safe, nurturing environment for children to “know” and “grow” in Christ.
- Recruit, train, and supervise employees in support of the daycare/preschool mission.
a. Train employees in childcare regulations and procedures.
b. Organize and/or conduct staff development training.
c. In coordination with the preschool “Staff Teacher” and the “DUMC Children’s Ministry Pastor,” develop and implement a
children’s Christian education program into daily activities.
d. Encourage and equip employees to be spiritual leaders to children, parents, and one another.
e. Oversee the preschool education program. Supervise and support the preschool Staff Teacher in the preschool
aspects of the ministry.
- Communicate regularly with parents about their children’s activities/progress and be a Christ like witness to them. Encourage parents to have a living relationship with Jesus Christ and to become active in the life of DUMC.
- Maintain the schedule for all employees to ensure the proper ratios are upheld and that a supervisory person is in place for all operating hours.
- Oversee and maintain all clerical and financial aspects of the ministry.
- Maintain and endure compliance with Federal CACFP food program.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state child care regulations.
- Ensure a high standard of housekeeping and sanitation practices.
- Attend meetings:
a. Bi-Monthly Children’s Ministry meeting
b. Monthly Administrative Council meeting
c. Weekly DUMC staff meetings
- Be a practicing tither
- Perform miscellaneous duties or functions that may from time-to-time be directed by the Executive Pastor.