"CRISTA Ministries. Where faith meets vocation."
CRISTA Senior Living, a ministry of CRISTA, is looking for someone who wants an exceptional career/ministry opportunity as a Custodian for our Independent Living facility. This position will perform routine duties including: cleaning, disposing of trash
and providing supplies. CRISTA Senior Living has been a senior care provider for over 60 years.
Loving God by serving people is CRISTA’s mission. Is this your mission? Do you love creating a comfortable and clean environment for residents to enjoy? Do you know how to lead but with a servant heart? If this sounds like you and you would like to integrate
your Christian faith with a desire to serve seniors, we want to hear from you.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Remove garbage and recycle material from various level floors via dumpster to outdoor compacter.
- Operate and maintain floor care equipment; strip, clean, buff, and apply floor sealer, or wax to hard surface floors.
- Vacuum and shampoo carpets.
- Properly clean and disinfect spills, body secretions/bio-hazardous waste, etc.
- Proper handling of chemicals and awareness of MSDS information.
- Move furniture and setting up tables and chairs upon request.
- Clean light fixtures and change light bulbs and tubes.
- Organize and order supplies as needed.
- Train Environmental Specialist I employees as assigned.
- Work on annual, semi-annual, quarterly, monthly, and weekly projects.
- Monitor assigned areas and clean, disinfect, and remove anything that is unsafe or broken.
- Report unsafe, unclean, or broken materials that you are unable to clear to the Environmental Supervisor.
- Attend meetings and classes and receive training as assigned by Environmental Supervisor.
- Follow Residents’ Rights and HIPAA at all times.
- Follow procedures outlined in the employee’s handbook.
- Use equipment (ladder, cart, etc.) in a safe manner as needed.
- Work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers, and residents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
- Has a personal faith in Christ and demonstrated Christ-like behavior.
- High School or equivalent.
- One year of relevant experience.
- Come to work as scheduled and demonstrate dependability and punctuality.
- Read, write, communicate in and interpret English at a functional level (i.e.: read and comprehend usage instructions for cleaning products, verbally communicate with clarity, understand and explain information to our residents).
- Ability to handle multiple priorities at the same time and able to determine (when faced with more than one thing to do at a time) what is more important.
- Interact with a wide variety of people, particularly the elderly and their family members.
- Ability to solve problems and work independently.
- Ability to work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers, and residents.
Please visit the following URL to apply: https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CRISTA&cws=41&rid=1769