CRISTA Ministries- “Where faith meets vocation.”
CRISTA Senior Living, a ministry of CRISTA has been a senior care provider for over 60 years. Located in Silverdale, Crista Shores offers Independent and Assisted Living. Loving God by serving people is CRISTA's mission and we are looking for energetic and
dynamic candidates who have a passion for seniors to serve as Assistant Dining Room Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
For lunch service in the IL dining room and all meals in the AL dining room as assigned by the Dining Room Supervisor:
- Prepare dining area and beverages in a timely manner prior to start of dining hours.
- Monitor soup pot for temperature (Lunch only in AL).
- Communicate with cook staff on specials of the day, availability of any menu item and guest preferences.
- Greet and monitor guests in a friendly and timely manner.
- Wait, serve and clean tables for dinner hours.
- Prepare and set up areas for reserved parties.
- Audit petty cash daily (IL only).
For dinner service in the IL dining room as assigned by the Dining Room Supervisor:
- Lead staff in devotional and prayer time.
- Discuss with hostess any changes or resident requests.
- Ensure hostess’ duties are completed before and after shift.
- Meet with wait staff to communicate changes and/or specials and ensure staff is dressed appropriately in accordance with the dress code.
- Ensure flow of food is accomplished in a timely manner, service is accurate and quality food is presented.
- Manage reservations and ensure accountability in posting of correct charges.
- Oversee wait staff sections before staff is dismissed.
- Ensure dining room is left in a clean and presentable manner.
- Ensure items in dining room are replenished as needed.
- Communicate to dining room supervisor regarding any extra cleaning that is required.
- Assist the Dining Room Supervisor in overseeing staff as assigned:
- Supervise daily activities.
- Train the service staff.
- Manage performance and communicate with the Dining Room supervisor and Food Service Director as soon as possible.
- Oversee transactions in the dining room and correct any erroneous input at the POS station.
- Make menu changes in the POS System.
- Run end-of-day POS reports and reconcile all transactions daily as assigned by the Dining Room Supervisor.
Petty Cash Management:
- Assist residents with petty cash so they have correct payment for meals.
- Audit petty cash weekly with Dining Room Supervisor.
- Work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers, staff and senior residents.
- perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Wait staff with training and managing performance as assigned by the Dining Room Supervisor.
- Mature Christian who understands the essentials of the Christian faith and is regular in church attendance.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum one year restaurant experience: greeting, serving and bussing, etc.
- Valid WA Food Handlers Permit.
- Comply with federal HIPAA law that addresses privacy and security of protected health information (PHI) once trained.
- Able to handle confidential information on a consistent basis.
- Able to perform a work week with rotating days of the week off.
- Must work in an independent manner and take initiative to solve problems.
- Ability to prioritize projects.
- Must be able to handle emergency situations in a calm, effective manner.
- Read, write, communicate in and interpret English at a functional level.
- Ability to work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers, staff and seniors.
- College courses in dining services.
- Two years experience in working with seniors in a dining room setting.
- Self-starter who can work independently and collaboratively with several departments.
- Ability to be flexible and able to adapt to changing needs of diverse resident clientele.
Please visit the following URL to apply: