The Accounting/Finance team is a group of highly professional individuals with exceptional accounting skills that aim to provide world class support and financial leadership to an organization that loves God by serving people. Supporting the seven distinct
CRISTA Ministries provides a technically challenging, fast paced environment where there are opportunities to grow professionally and spiritually while putting your skills to work for a mission you believe in.
This position is part time Mon-Fri 9:00am-1:30pm.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
CRISTA Canada General Accounting: This includes but is not limited to:
- Monthly close process and preparation of accurate and timely monthly financial statements; including gift adjustments and joint ministry F/S.
- Review accounts payable invoices for bi-weekly check runs.
- Preparation monthly reporting to management and boards–both CRISTA Canada and joint ministry boards.
- Preparation of budgets–both CRISTA Canada and both joint ministry budgets.
- Preparation of annual tax return.
- Preparation of necessary account reconciliations.
- Coordination with external F/S auditors during annual audit.
- Responding to inquiries or direction from boards as appropriate.
- Utilizing the Agresso accounting system to design and modify reports.
Canadian Board Support:
- Prepare monthly board reports.
- Prepare periodic board meeting materials, including joint ministry boards.
- Serve as back-up board liaison as needed.
- Lead all audit preparation to complete annual CRISTA Canada audit.
- Prepare annual T-1030 tax return.
- Prepare all periodic regulatory filings.
U.S. Donor Based Ministry Accounting:
- Assist in providing support, advice and guidance for accounting related needs to assigned U.S. ministries.
- Prepare and review/post necessary journal entries for assigned ministries.
- Support audit and tax preparation.
- Complete ministry research and other reporting as assigned.
Accounting Department Support:
- Propose to the Accounting Manager improvements and modifications to the management and reporting systems of CRISTA Ministries and CRISTA Canada.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
There are no supervisory responsibilities at this time.
Christian Commitment: Godly leader and servant leadership style that is relational and reflective of John 10; personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and spiritual maturity.
Education: 4 year degree in accounting from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent.
Experience: 3 years of general ledger or auditing experience, including computerized accounting systems, complex account reconciliations, and customer service.
Other Considerations: Must have problem solving capabilities and be able to work independently, efficiently and professionally with a wide variety of personality types as well as demonstrate a willingness to learn and grow.
Software and Equipment Used: Must have computerized accounting system experience. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs, specifically Outlook, Excel and Word.
Experience: 3 years of general ledger experience in a Not-for-Profit environment (or similar).
Licensure/Certification: Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Software and Equipment Used: In addition to items listed above, working knowledge of Agresso and Blackbaud software systems.
Please visit the following URL: https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CRISTA&cws=41&rid=1766