$4,000 Sign On Bonus! (500.00 paid after 30 days, 1,000 paid after 90 days, 1,000 paid 6 months and 1,500 paid after 1 year)
Are you a people person who’s “never met a stranger?” Are you an expert at engaging and drawing people out, with that perfect mix of organizational and computer skills that compliment your people skills? Do you have vision for helping Seniors and their
families choose a caring community and a safe place to call home?
CRISTA Senior Living, one of CRISTA’s seven ministries, is seeking an Admissions Clinical Coordinator to support the Admissions Department in obtaining medical information, completing clinical reviews and collaborating with discharge planners, nurses, referral
sources and families to coordinate the smooth transition of potential residents into the appropriate level of care within the CRISTA Senior Living retirement community center.
This is a full time position with a Tuesday-Saturday work schedule.
Licensed LPN or RN's welcome to apply. Salary is based on LPN level.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES: (Responsibilities, Accountabilities, and Competencies; May not include all duties of this job)
- Apply problem solving principles in the admission process for continuous improvement.
- Foster and environment of trust, collaboration and leadership by example.
- Model spiritual leadership through participation and/or leading weekly devotions, prayer and encouraging staff to develop their spiritual walk.
- Present positive, accurate and current information to residents and families regarding admission into Cristwood Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- Develop and maintain relationships with referral sources.
- Offer high quality customer service during a possible difficult transition for resident and family.
- Respond to telephone and walk-in inquiries, and provide tours as needed.
- Maintain positive relationships with hospital discharge planners and referring providers.
- Maintain positive working relationship with CRISTA Independent and Assisted Living staff to assist in residents transfers across the CCRC.
Referral Management/Admission In-Box
- Work closely with Admission Coordinator and Clinical Liaison Nurse (CLN) to ensure referral list in Admission In-Box is reviewed frequently throughout the day as needed to ensure timely response to referral sources.
- Check eligibility of all referrals for payor source and request clinical records from referral source as needed.
- Communicate approved referrals to CLN.
- Communicate needed information and clinical assessment to CLN for on-site assessment and determination of acceptance or denial.
Clinical Review of Medical Records
- Complete review of clinical records to ensure NRC can meet the needs of resident.
- Work collaboratively with appropriate unit manager to review potential admissions to ensure unit can manage clinical complexity in view of current unit population and staffing.
- Assist in the assignment of appropriate bed with social services and nursing if needed.
- Inform CLN and referral source of acceptance or denial.
- Communicate with CLN if review of clinical records is needed
- Establish move in date and communicate with all parties. Add move in date to Morning Stand-Up Report.
- Participate in morning stand-up meeting
- Coordinate initial preadmission authorization as needed for managed care and other insurers if Admission Coordinator not available. Document authorization information in VISION.
- Work closely with Admission Coordinator, RCM and CLN to ensure admission is seamless and transition to unit pleasant.
- Back up for completing Admission paperwork and escorting resident to unit after all paperwork completed.
- Assist the Resident Care Manager (RCM) with Admit to Unit if time permits; including order entry into VISION and ordering of meds from Pharmacy provider.
- Attend the Medicare and Transition meetings.
- Develop and update all Admission policies.
- Participate in weekly devotions.
- Work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers and customers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
- Maintain a vibrant personal relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ, so that CRISTA Senior living is aligned with the corporate vision and mission.
- RN or LPN training from accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent.
- At least 2 years nursing experience working in Long Term Care or Skilled Nursing Facility or other healthcare facility with knowledge of the admission process.
- RN or LPN Washington State.
Software and Equipment Used:
- Experience with standard Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel and Outlook.
Other Skills Required:
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with deadlines and schedule changes.
- Ability to handle multiple, concurrent projects and work within diverse teams.
- Exceptional oral communication and presentation skills.
- Exceptional customer service, interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers and customers.
Software and Equipment Used:
- Experience in Electronic Medical Records (EMR) in particular HMX VISION