Since 2011, Dream Centers of Colorado Springs, a faith-based nonprofit, has provided health and hope to those rebuilding their dreams. The Dream Centers include a Women’s Clinic, Mary’s Home and Joel Home (transitional housing). We offer medical care, counseling,
spiritual growth, life-skills training, education, job development and positive role modeling from live-in, resident staff. This holistic approach helps heal the hurting from the inside out so they can become self-sufficient members of society.
The Development Systems Specialist is responsible for the structure and integrity of our donor database and related programs (e.g. Mail Chimp, Salesforce, Flipcause, etc.). He/she will ensures data quality, provide training on the effective use of applicable
software programs to others in the department. This position is responsible for establishing data processes and procedures, and maintaining current documentation and will lead implementation of best practices for the management of the database.
The Development Data Specialist will be hands on with data input, record corrections and the development of appropriate monthly and annual reports. It is expected that he/she has good working knowledge of best practices in the field of non-profit development.
In addition, this position ensures reliability of development fundraising systems, partnering with Salesforce, our current database provider to identify, correct all data communication and functionality issues, and ensures all standard procedures are recorded,
distributed as necessary and files kept current so that development staff have access to an essential and extensive internal knowledge base.
Ideally, this individual will be a highly motivated professional with 2 years of fundraising/development experience in the non-profit sector. This is a part-time position with expectations of becoming full-time as our financial resources expand.
- Maintains the integrity of the donor database and all related systems to ensure accuracy of information.
- Produce, analyze complex data including the development of appropriate monthly and annual reports.
- Collaborate with the Development Team in all facets of gift recording/acknowledging data segmentation, input, preparation, etc.
- Optimizes database use by staying current and proactively investigating, proposing and implementing upcoming enhancements to ensure functionality. Guides and trains new and existing staff on appropriate uses of current donor data management software. Proactively
seeks training to stay abreast of resources provided by vendor to gain new ideas.
- Establishes and maintains a positive working relationship with Salseforce and related Facebook User groups. Will serve as the primary contact for internal information technology systems and accounting.
- Will collaborate with the Development Team on the planning and execution of effective management of donor relations strategies.
- Creates, assess, and refines protocols and procedures regarding software applications to ensure success of the development department and related activities.
- Leads in the development and implementation of key performance indicators, metrics, and dashboard measures by partnering with the Director of Development on key data points. Produces appropriate graphs, diagrams, and charts to demonstrate progress as needed.
- Performs other donor related activities as requested by the Director of Development.
- Assist our Accounting department in the proper recording of all donations.
- Work with Flipcause to secure proper record keeping and integration of donations into Salesforce CRM database.
- Write and mail thank you notes for all donations in a timely manner (no greater than one week from donation).
- Serve on appropriate fundraising event committees as requested.
- Attend occasional professional development seminars/workshops as requested.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of quarterly direct mail campaigns.
- Strong sense of calling to this population and a mature Christian faith is essential.
- 2 years of experience with data systems including extensive knowledge of database design, setup and maintenance.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are essential. Organize and assess data in order to provide recommendations based on that data.
- Demonstrated success in working as a member of a team and developing effective working relationships with Board members, staff, volunteers, the general public, and donors.
- Commitment to professional ethics in working with highly confidential, sensitive information.
- Experience managing others is a highly desired.
- Extremely detail oriented and organized, with the strong ability to successfully multi-task as necessary or requested.
- Experience with the use of social media for marketing or fundraising campaigns.
- Demonstrated commitment to DC’s mission and ability to present, inform, and motivate individuals and groups about DC’s mission and programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead multiple long- and short-term projects simultaneously, meeting all related deadlines with the ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and manage own work.
- Extensive computer skills, including intermediate or higher level proficiency with Microsoft Office (EXCEL, PowerPoint, and Word) and experience working with electronic donor tracking systems/databases (e.g. Salesforce) and related software programs (e.g.
Mail Chimp, Flip Cause, Bomb Bomb, etc.).