Salem Media Group (SMG), America’s leading radio broadcaster, internet content provider, and magazine and book publisher is seeking a dynamic individual to join our team as Senior Internal Auditor.
Job Summary -the Senior Internal Auditor will be responsible for assessing and evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls of SMG, using a risk based audit methodology. Perform audits, special projects and follow up on action
plans. The position will be headquartered in Camarillo, CA and will report to the Internal Audit Manager.
- Document audit test work and procedures in an organized set of work papers and completes and compiles a high quality summary of findings and recommendations for review in a concise and professional manner
- Track audit follow-up efforts and assist with reports on progress
- Assessing and evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls of SMG, using a risk-based audit methodology
- Assist in preparing and support a thorough and documented organization-wide Internal Audit Plan
- Perform walkthroughs and develop or update narratives, internal controls documentation and risk matrices
- Communicates with leadership and internal clients at all levels, developing and presenting recommendations on operations and controls for the business unit
- Executes projects related to IT General Controls (ITGC) and other IT audits
- Manages and performs special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, information technology or related business field
- 3+ years SOX 404 including recent experience
- 3+ years internal or external audit experience
- Experience in the information technology field a plus
- Professional certifications (e.g., CPA, CISA, CIA) are strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of US GAAP, GAAS and COSO internal control framework, including familiarity with the common indicators of fraud
- Strong knowledge of IT audit methodologies and control frameworks of IT platforms, processes, systems and controls, including areas such as network security, logical access and change management controls at an infrastructure and application level, databases
and systems maintenance
- Analytical experience with such tools as SQL and ACL is a plus
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, listening, and presentation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office specifically Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Some travel (approximately 10% of the time) may be required
Salem Media Group is an equal opportunity employer.