- Do you have a knack for coaching and influencing others?
- Are you driven to achieve goals AND help others achieve success?
- Are you natural at building relationships and networking?
- Do you want to work in an organization that aligns with your values?
The Community Engagement Leader is a unique role that strengthens awareness and connection to Thrivent by bringing our mission to engage Christians to be wise with money and inspire generosity to life. This role is divided into 3 main areas:
- Working directly with our New Financial Representatives (NFRs) to coach, develop and influence their activity (business plans)
- Building awareness of Thrivent – engaging members and potential members to “Come and See” more about our organization
- Transforming our volunteer leadership through Action Teams, Thrivent Choice and other community programs
We have opportunities for a talented community leader to serve the San Francisco Bay Area.
What you get to do:
- Work frequently and closely with the Regional Sales Leader (Zone Partner) to develop and execute an effective business plan for each geographic office
- Provide direct support to Thrivent NFRs by coaching and execution – you are one of their key thought partners for their first three years
- Educate NFRs to think like entrepreneurs, “like successful business owners”
- Engage and collaborate with all Financial Representatives for the region, including annual marketing action planning to ensure new member goals are achieved
- Participate in Quarterly Business Reviews with the Sales Leader providing reports, scorecards, and analyses to drive review and planning
- Work with NFRs to meet Christian community leaders in order to promote Thrivent’s mission through volunteer opportunities, activities and events
Traits we value:
- Leadership – You have the ability to guide, direct and advise others
- Tenacity - You don’t give up and have proven track record of success under challenging circumstances
- Drive – You set goals and consistently achieve them
- Persuasive –You have the ability to influence others
What we want from you:
- Knowledge of small business strategy and operations
- Skill in analyzing information to derive meaning and drive strategy and tactics
- Enthusiasm for building relationships and connecting people
- Excellent interpersonal communications, collaboration and networking ability
- Demonstrated ability to coach people to their full potential
- Experience and comfortable with presenting, and facilitating meetings
- Exceptional planning/organizing skills
- Ability to lead through ambiguity
- Self-motivation and initiative
- Knowledge of the financial services industry helpful
- Ability to travel up to 60% (local travel) depending on geography and location of zone
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
- Access Thrivent’s Career Center at https://www.thrivent.com/careers/
- Towards the top right of the page select “Search Jobs”
- On the left side in the “Filter By” section type REQ-4636 and hit enter
- Click on the Community Engagement Leader job title link to view the entire job posting and apply