ACCOUNTS PAYABLE & FINANCE ADMINISTRATOR
Job Title: Accounts Payable & Finance Administrator
Area/Location: Support Services
Reports to: General Accounting Manager
Date Submitted for Approval: 12.6.16
Job Description Approved: 12.7.16
Salary: Range starts at $17 hour/DOE
The Accounts Payable & Finance Administrator is a member of our Support Services team working out of our corporate office in San Jose. You will work behind the scenes making sure the nitty-gritty paperwork details are taken care of so our programs can focus
on their front-line ministries. The Accounts Payable & Finance Administrator is responsible for coding and entering vendor payments and employee reimbursements in an accurate and timely manner. In addition, you will provide administrative and clerical support
to the rest of the Finance Department.
To be successful, you must be able to work in a fast-paced work environment, while maintaining a positive and cooperative working relationship with others. You will communicate with vendors and employees at all levels. You must have the ability to plan and
organize work efficiently, setting clear, measurable, and realistic goals, and keep up-to-date with developments in the accounting, finance, and tax fields as appropriate for area of responsibility.
The ideal candidate must be eager to learn and take on additional responsibilities. You should have strong MS Excel spreadsheet skills and be proficient in keyboarding. Experience working with Financial Edge software and General Ledger are preferred. If
God has gifted you with a love of numbers and attention to detail, you may be the right person for the job. This is a 20-hour a week non-exempt position.
- Field incoming phone and email communication from staff and vendors regarding Accounts Payable.
- Ensure accurate coding, authorization, and completion of invoices and reimbursements.
- Enter a high volume of invoices and employee reimbursements into Financial Edge.
- Research payment status and terms appropriately when vendor questions arise.
- Participate in hands-on ministry within Cityteam Ministries.
- File, scan, and maintain contracts and vendor files.
- Assist with month end close.
- Assist with special projects as needed. Examples include but are not limited to charitable organization reporting, welfare exemption claims, property lease file management, and insurance renewal applications.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a personal donor cultivation support program in accordance with a plan established annually in cooperation with the Vice President of Finance.
- Must have a personal and consistent relationship with Jesus Christ and be active in a local Christian body of believers.
- Must have compatible theology on major issues of Cityteam's Statement of Faith.
- Must be committed to serving God and the body of Christ.
- Must have a teachable spirit and be committed to team participation.
- Must have proven interpersonal skills and the ability to handle conflict resolution.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to manage multiple areas and projects in a neat and organized manner.
- Must be able to speak and write effectively and give clear directions.
- Must be able to take direction from several people.
- Must be an initiator and have a strong commitment toward accurate record keeping, procedures, and documentation.
- Must have general knowledge of accounting.
- Minimum 2-years of Accounts Payable experience required.