JOB REQUIRES RELOCATION TO PEORIA, IL
PURPOSE: To serve the members of Samaritan Ministries International (SMI) by owning and being responsible for the complete implementation and operation of the services that support the daily operation of Samaritan Ministries.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Implement, install, configure, monitor, and troubleshoot core systems services
- Responsible for meeting the SLA associated with the service ?
- Provide second level contact and incident resolution ?
- Regularly conferring with others in your stream to ensure the highest quality service ?
- Providing proper recording, documentation, and closure to each incident ?
- Providing proper documentation on the configuration of the service ?
- Monitoring, testing, and deploying new software, updates, and patches to environments.
- Ensuring high quality and continuous improvement of your service portfolio, processes, and documentation.
- Continually improving knowledge, understanding, and skill through research, study, and training.
- Provide primary or secondary support for core systems of Samaritan, including Exchange, VDI, Active Directory, SQL, automation, systems monitoring, and datacenter hardware.
Performs other related duties, as assigned
education & experience
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience is desired
- 3-4 years of experience in systems administration recommended
- Experience with any of the following is preferred: VMware 5.5 or 6.0, SQL, Server, Veeam Backup, Active
Directory, DNS, DHCP, and Citrix Netscaler and Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Good English and communication skills
- Must be able to present complex information in an understandable manner
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to think clearly, strategically and analytically
- Maintains confidentiality
- Willingness to grow in skills, knowledge and capability, in line with goals agreed upon with Manager
- Agreement with the department’s vision and objectives