JOB REQUIRES RELOCATION TO PEORIA, IL
PURPOSE: To serve the members of Samaritan Ministries by providing customer support for computer hardware, software, endpoint devices, network, and other related technologies, as an essential part of the work of SMI.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Working with Service Desk specialists, fellow IT Administrators, cloud and dash teams, streams, outside entities, and other business entities to provide exceptional ITS service for SMI staff and members.
- Assuming primary responsibility for the maintenance on all endpoints (desktops, laptops, tablets, phones, etc.)
- Performing at-desk support for employees as necessary while maintaining professionalism and customer focus.
- Communicating known endpoint problems to ITS staff and establish acceptable workarounds until resolution is obtained.
- Escalating and coordinate service requests with internal and external IT teams.
- Deploying endpoint management software
- Managing various IT services being delivered to staff, including but not limited to the following:
- Managing the MDM system
- Managing delivery of Office software and tools
- Deploying and managing endpoint management software
- Managing software library
- Managing end-user profiles, Windows, and application updates, and device performance to ensure optimal endpoint availability.
- Managing and deploying office printing.
- Managing faxing services.
- Maintaining audio/visual and conference room technologies.
- Adhering to security policies and standards
- Implementing physical security protocols.
- Participating in proof of concept and rollout of ITS endpoints and equipment.
- Participating in rollout of ITS endpoints and equipment.
- Assisting with endpoint procurement as required.
- Managing inventory systems
- Providing remote hands to the Senior IT Administrators and/or IT Administrator II as it relates to management and configuration of IDFs, MDFs, and the network
- Keeping a clean workspace and work environment
- Adhering to IT Administration standard policies and procedures
- Serving as emergency backup to Service Desk as needed.
Performs other technical related duties, as assigned
education & experience
- Completion of IT Administrator Apprenticeship
- EC Council Certified Secure Computer User Certification, CompTIA IT Fundamentals Certification, HDI Customer Service Representative Certification, HDI Support Center Analyst Certification
- Completion of CompTIA A+ Training Course, ITIL Foundations Course, ITIL for Dummies book
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Good English and communication skills
- Exceptional customer service and people skills
- Attention to detail
- Organized and orderly
- A passion for ministry
- Good understanding and skills in the area of desktops, laptops, tablets, smart phones, printers, VoIP devices, operating systems, and end-user software,
- Basic understanding of Active Directory administration, structure, permissions, and best practices.
- Basic understanding of servers (both physical and virtual), core network and network security.
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Ability to think clearly and analytically
- Ability and desire to develop and implement new ideas to improve service delivery
- Maintains confidentiality and security
- Willingness to grow in skills, knowledge and capability, in line with goals agreed upon with Manager
- Agreement with the Information Technology Services’ vision and objectives