Salem Media Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:SALM) is America’s leading multimedia company specializing in Christian and conservative content, with media properties comprising radio, digital media and book, magazine and newsletter publishing. Salem owns and operates
118 radio stations, with 73 stations in the nation’s top 25 markets – and 33 in the top 10. Each of our radio properties has a full portfolio of broadcast and digital marketing opportunities. In addition to our radio properties, we own Salem Radio Network,
which syndicates talk, news and music programming to approximately 2,600 affiliates; Salem Media Representatives, a national radio advertising sales force; Salem Web Network, a leading Internet provider of Christian content and online streaming; and Salem
Publishing, a leading publisher of Christian themed magazines.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our team as a Tax Manager based at our corporate headquarters in Camarillo, California.
- Prepare quarterly and annual tax provisions, including obtaining key data inputs from all business units.
- Prepare current and deferred tax reporting for all legal entities pursuant to ASC 740, including analysis and determination of valuation allowances and reserves.
- Evaluate tax positions and use excellent professional judgment to make recommendations for all federal, state and multi-state tax planning strategies.
- Prepare documentation and analysis to support all audit requirements, including full supporting work papers for deferred taxes, taxes payable and receivable, NOL carry-forward schedules and FIN48 balances.
- Prepare analysis for the FIN48 model, including computation of current year interest and expected reversals.
- Prepare taxable income and income tax projections.
- Prepare all quarterly and annual footnotes and disclosures related to income taxes.
- Reconcile and maintain all return-to-provision adjustments including supporting work papers.
- Manage and assist external resources in the preparation of all federal, state and multi-state tax returns, tax extensions, and tax estimates
- Review all federal, state and multi-state tax income tax returns for accuracy.
- Review all quarterly estimated tax payments for accuracy.
- Provide tax accounting guidance and support in connection with any acquisition, reorganization, or restructuring.
- Perform technical research as applicable with respect to various tax issues.
- Stay current with technical issues for accounting for income taxes.
- Monitor, interpret, and ensure compliance with key SOX controls for income tax.
- Prepare and review sales and use tax returns as applicable.
- Prepare and review all real and personal property tax renditions, returns and bills.
- Research all real and personal property tax exemptions to ensure payments due are reasonable and accurate.
- Manage all real and personal property tax appeals.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Advanced degree or CPA preferred.
- 5+years of experience with a strong emphasis on multi-state corporate tax accounting issues.
- Strong US GAAP tax accounting (ASC 740) background with experience determining with uncertain tax positions and valuation allowances.
- Experience with US and multi-state tax rules.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to analyze problems and take action as appropriate.
- Exceptional time management and organization skills,
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Proficiency in pc-based software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Outlook).
Salem Media Group is an equal opportunity employer.