JOB REQUIRES RELOCATION TO PEORIA, IL
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Identifies database requirements by interviewing customers; analyzing department applications, programming, and operations; evaluating existing systems and designing proposed systems.
- Recommends solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Installs revised or new systems by proposing specifications and flowcharts; recommending optimum access techniques; coordinating installation requirements.
- Maintains database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements; evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products.
- Supports database functions by designing and coding utilities.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Establishing the needs of users and monitoring user access and security;
- Monitoring performance and managing parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users;
- Mapping out the conceptual design for a planned database;
- Installing and testing new versions of the DBMS;
- Maintaining data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act;
- Writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata);
- Developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans;
- Ensuring that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly;
- Capacity planning;
- Communicating regularly with technical, applications, and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security;
Performs other related duties, as assigned
education & experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S. or B.A.) in a technical or business field; or equivalent work-related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 2 years as a Database Administrator or equivalent role.
- Extensive skills with MS SQL Server and MySQL.
- Experience with Mongo and other NoSQL databases is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Good English and communication skills
- Must be able to present complex information in an understandable manner
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to think clearly, strategically and analytically
- Maintains confidentiality
- Willingness to grow in skills, knowledge and capability, in line with goals agreed upon with Manager
- Agreement with the department’s vision and objectives