Want an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of thousands of youth across the Puget Sound? We are looking for a hard-working Camps Resource Officer who can build and grow a portfolio of local relationships. The Camps Resource Officer will use best
practice to engage donors including leveraging camps leadership. A typical day could include connecting with camper parents, and donors through camps tours, trail rides, and even dirt bike racing.
Responsible for fundraising financial support for the benefit of CRISTA Ministries, in particular, CRISTA Camps (Miracle Ranch and Island Lake). Assess current and potential donors for interest and capacity to financially support the ministry of CRISTA Camps.
Manage and cultivate a portfolio of mid-level and major donors. Plan and execute personal contact with donors and potential donors for solicitation of donation support which includes inviting and engaging adults and parents of campers attending CRISTA Camps,
managing site-visits and Q & A opportunities. Solicit donations through direct asks, phone, email and mail with an expectation of meeting the annual mid-level and major donor fundraising goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Build and manage a portfolio of mid-level donors with primary responsibility for all aspects of donors’ relationships with CRISTA Camps by reaching out in person and over the phone while cultivating donations. ($425+ donors)
- Develop a ‘moves management’ program for mid-level donors and high-level prospects. Create and manage a portfolio of relationships to work towards and meet an annual fundraising goal.
- Make regular phone calls to new donors (average 10 calls per day) with the intention of meeting face-to-face. This often involves a first time conversation with a donor or a cold call to someone new.
- Engage donors locally. These visits could be announced or unannounced appointments at places of business, homes, and throughout the community.
- Contact a targeted number of donors in a given week and month, keeping track of all communication and actual live contacts made through Raiser’s Edge.
- Use regular appeals, mid-level donor proposals and regular meetings to maximize donor giving.
- Share specifically about CRISTA Camps projects to small, medium and sometimes large groups of potential donors. (i.e. Parent Tours, Parents, Weekends, Rotary Clubs, Fundraising Events, etc.) Responsible for public speaking, marketing and branding. Give
presentations in place of an organizational leader or executive when needed. This will also include some events planning collaboration.
- Participate in and support fundraising events for CRISTA Camps.
- Manage the annual fundraising club for CRISTA Camps. This includes promotion, cultivation, discovery, and invitations to join.
- Grow donor segments proactively by using new marketing materials and camps news that might be appropriate to donor’s individual interests and donation commitments.
- Have a general understanding of all CRISTA Camps programs on a basic level as well as know the giving and funding opportunities to be able to communicate CRISTA Camp’s work to our donors.
- Work closely with other team members in Donor Relations and Marketing to ensure all donor contacts are coordinated and remain donor-centered.
- Update donor records for any changes in address, phone, e-mail or additional information learned about the donor into Raiser’s Edge.
- Monitor camps mailing process and review appeals & other mailings.
- Make Regular visits to Island Lake and Miracle Ranch.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers and customers.
- Christian Commitment: A deep and abiding faith that is fully surrendered to the will of Jesus Christ, evidenced by a lifestyle that is consistent with biblical principles. Demonstrated commitment to spiritual growth and development that
is exemplified in word and deed. Demonstrates the values of a CRISTA leader.
- Education : Associate’s degree from an accredited Community college, college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent. Relevant work experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year
- Experience : Two years or more experience in fundraising or sales.
- Software and Equipment Used:
- Reasonable proficiency at Microsoft Office with emphasis on Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Willingness and ability to learn Raiser’s Edge.
- Laptop computer will be provided.
- Other Considerations:
- Ability to spend extended periods on feet, walking Camp sites, oftentimes on unstable ground.
- Transportation to be able to travel to Miracle Ranch, Island Lake, CRISTA campus (Shoreline) and donor’s.
- Ability to work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers and donors.
- Experience: Camps experience as a camper or parent of a camper.
- Software and Equipment Used: Experience with Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge software.
Please visit the following URL to apply: https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CRISTA&cws=41&rid=1752