CRISTA Ministries. "Where faith meets vocation."
The Life Enrichment Coordinator provides an ongoing program of Life Enrichment activities designed to meet the resident’s interests and to help them attain and maintain their highest level of physical, mental, psychosocial and spiritual well-being, in accordance with the comprehensive assessment. This position performs assessment, care planning and evaluation of individual residents in the area of responsibility and participates as a member of the interdisciplinary care team. The Life Enrichment Coordinator I will serve as the primary facilitator to enlist the participation of residents, families and staff in ongoing, meaningful activities that provide joy and purpose to the lives of our residents.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Provide support to residents regarding:
- Orientation to programs offered in the facility and use of facility services/activities.
- Maintaining former community ties and sustaining life roles.
- Implementing all aspects of the therapeutic process including resident assessment, care planning, intervention and evaluation.
- Program planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Life Enrichment services within the context of individual residents’ comprehensive assessment and care plan that reflects each individual resident’s needs.
- Life Enrichment services that are multi-faceted and provide stimulation or solace; promote physical, cognitive and/or emotional health; enhance, to the extent practical, each resident’s physical and mental status; and promote each resident’s self-respect by providing services that support self-expression and choice.
- Maintain compliance with State and Federal regulations relative to the provision of meaningful and purposeful activities, individual care and resident rights.
- Maintain confidentiality of resident protected health information in accordance with HIPAA and facility policies.
- Document activities, resident responses and outcomes to activities’ interventions in resident progress notes.
- Document activities in MDS.
- Maintain flow sheets with updated information, and print in neighborhood LEC books.
- Offer Life Enrichment services/activities which are planned and offered at hours convenient to the residents (i.e. morning, afternoon, some evenings and weekends).
- Offer a variety of activities that appeal to both men and women and all age groups living in the Nursing Center.
- Interact with families to determine interests.
- Calendar and events:
- Assure the creation and publication of an activities calendar for each month.
- Prepare, distribute and post notices of regular and special events.
- Interdisciplinary team:
- Communicate changes in residents’ ability to participate in activities programs to appropriate members of interdisciplinary team.
- Work together with interdisciplinary team to ensure a wholistic approach to Life Enrichment (e.g., diet texture for swallow issues, mobility needs, etc.).
- Supervise neighborhood volunteers as requested by LEC II.
- Work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers and residents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Christian Commitment : Strong personal faith in Christ as demonstrated in attitude and actions.
- Education : High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: Must have one of the following:
- Working with the geriatric population in recreational therapy or related field
- Leading and planning activities.
- Experience with regulatory documentation.
- Software and Equipment Used: Proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Other Considerations:
- Demonstrated knowledge of planning, developing and implementing social-recreational programs that address the abilities and interests of the residents in an area of responsibility.
- Meet all regulatory requirements.
- Required documentation is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Demonstrated excellent time management skills.
- Attend in-service education as required.
- Read, write, communicate in and interpret English at a functional level.
- Ability to work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers and residents.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS :
- Education : College degree in recreational therapy or related field from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent.
- Experience: Qualified therapeutic recreation specialist, or an activities professional who:
- Is eligible for certification as a therapeutic recreation specialist or as an activities professional by a recognized accrediting body on or after October 1, 1990; or
- Has 2 years of experience in a social or recreational program within the last 5 years, one of which was full-time in a patient activities program in a health care setting; or
- Has completed a training course approved by the state.
- Licensure/Certification: Qualified therapeutic recreation specialist or activities professional who is licensed or registered, if applicable, by the state; and has the experience as listed above.
- Software and Equipment Used:
- Other Considerations: Available to work flexible hours including one evening per week, rotating Saturdays, and rotating Holidays.
Please visit the following URL to apply: https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CRISTA&cws=41&rid=1755
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Business Teachers in Asia (No Teaching Experience Required)Academics In Asia
- China, China
- December 2
Elementary School English Teachers in AsiaAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- December 2
Medication/Treatment Nurse BONUS!!CRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- November 30
Charge Nurse $1500 SIGN ON BONUSCRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- November 30
Food Service ManagerCRISTA Ministries
- Silverdal, Washington
- November 29
A Christian organization composed of 9 ministries (Radio Broadcast, Senior Community, Women's Ministries, King's Schools, Miracle Ranch and Island Lake Camps, World Concern, Intercristo, and Seattle Urban Academy) operating on 6 locations in Washington state and field locations around the world. Please visit www.crista.org/hr for applications and process.More...