The Conservative Book Club (CBC), a division of Salem Media Group, is seeking a Marketing & Advertising Manager to lead their online and offline marketing efforts. The manager will develop and implement creative marketing and member engagement initiatives,
email acquisition and social media campaigns, foster and cultivate relationships with high-profile CBC advertisers and partners, while increasing overall SEO and web traffic.
The Conservative Book Club was launched in 1964 and is the largest political book club in the country with over 850K members. CBC offers members a one-stop-shop destination to learn about newly released conservative books, see sneak previews, read original
book reviews and author interviews, and learn the results of the weekly nationally recognized
Conservative Book Bestseller List, created by CBC in partnership with
The Mike Gallagher Radio Show. CBC also publishes movie and TV show reviews and political journalism.
- Develop online campaigns and offline partnerships to educate, engage and increase overall membership of the Conservative Book Club;
- Develop and implement strategic and creative marketing initiatives;
- Work with the Art Department to create compelling marketing collateral, online ads, and HTML emails, and monitoring their effectiveness;
- Manage and analyze email acquisition, Google AdWords and Facebook Ad campaigns;
- Increase overall SEO and web traffic;
- Foster partnerships with like-minded organizations;
- Cultivate relationships with high-profile CBC advertisers for repeat and new business;
- Schedule and process ad creative and post-campaign reporting;
- Be willing to learn how to use Salesforce and internal SupportSuite software
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, business, advertising, or a related field;
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, WordPress, and Google Analytics;
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop is a plus, but not necessary;
- Familiarity with any video creating/editing software;
- Creative thinkers well-versed in right-of-center political issues who are able to help brainstorm out-of-the-box marketing opportunities.
The position offers excellent benefits including medical, dental, paid time off, paid holidays, disability insurance, life insurance, 401k with company match, and a rewarding work environment.? Our wages are
competitive.? We offer training, good work/?life balance, and the opportunity to thrive in a growing business.
Our office is located on Capitol Hill at 300 New Jersey Avenue, NW, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20001, and is conveniently located within walking distance of the Judiciary Square and Union Station metro stops (red line).
Salem Media Group is an equal opportunity employer.