CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
In Southern California, there aren’t many opportunities for experienced, high caliber professionals to work in a large, distinguished ministry. The Orange County Rescue Mission has been serving the Least, the Last, and the Lost in our community for over
50 years. Our $22 million budget is funded solely by private donations, which enables us to provide meaningful, Christ-centered service to those in need, unencumbered by government regulation or restrictions. Employment at the Orange County Rescue Mission
is a unique opportunity to make a profound impact in your community, while fulfilling your calling to serve Jesus Christ.
The Rescue Mission is seeking an experienced, dynamic and collaborative leader to join its executive team as Chief Financial Officer (CFO.) The CFO is a key member of the Rescue Mission’s executive team and is responsible for ensuring the overall fiscal
health, effectively managing and developing the small finance team, while overseeing the team's vital accounting, banking, budgeting, grant management and financial planning functions.
The CFO will be responsible for building an efficient financial organization providing exceptional service and support to the five separate entities (Orange County Rescue Mission, Inc. (OCRM), Hurtt Family Health Clinic, Inc. (HURTT), Inland Empire Rescue
Mission, Inc. (IERM) and Hope Family Housing, Inc) and their programs, while ensuring their continued financial success.
he qualified candidate for this position must have proven successful nonprofit management experience overseeing the finances of complex organizations with multiple programs and funding sources, both government and private. He/she will bring a mix of energy,
flexibility, vision, sense of urgency, willingness to make tough decisions, and the ability to relate and minister to all levels within the organization. This position will play a significant role in shaping the Rescue Mission’s future.
- A personal relationship with Jesus, good working knowledge of the Bible, signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith and a member of a Bible believing Church.
- Knowledge of tax laws that impact charitable giving, personal assets and estates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and a minimum of four years work experience in a relatable position. Ministry or non-profit fundraising is preferred but not required.
- 10+ years of experience in Accounting. CPA Preferred.
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics (Great Plains) Accounting software, Salesforce, FRX, Excel and database management are significant pluses.
- Experience in a successful management/administrative role of nonprofit organizations. Experience with FQHC would also be a significant plus.
- Proven success and “hands-on” experience in the role of an upper manager/leader.
- Experience in project planning and budgeting.
Please follow this link to our employment page to apply or learn the details of this position at: https://www.rescuemission.org/employment/.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE AN EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION WITH THE STATEMENT OF FAITH.
You may also obtain an application at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782 or request on by email at email@example.com. Please submit any hard copy applications by email, in person, by postal mail (attention Human Resources) or fax (714)566-6461.
Salary is contingent on experience and full benefits will be offered at the time of hire. This position is open until filled.