GLOBAL HR DIRECTOR
Leadership Development International seeks an energetic, visionary and tenacious Global HR Director to join its executive leadership team.
‘World Class servant leaders raised up in every vocation’
For more than 30 years, Leadership Development international has provided leadership development services, including teaching, experiential learning, and family services, in China, the UAE, and around the world. These offerings lay the groundwork for the
relationships at the heart of our work. It’s here we use our professional skills to impact people at a personal level and help them discover transformation—from the inside out.
Seeking God’s Direction
Serving One another
Seeing Lives transformed
Focusing on the Finish Line
The position will be based in Tianjin, China and will report to the Chief Executive Officer. Travel to the different locations that LDi operates in will be an essential part of the role.
To work as a member of the LDi Executive Leadership Team to understand and influence business strategy, and define and implement the related people strategy to ensure achievement of LDi’s vision.
- Advise, partner and then lead on all people-related initiatives.
- Provide strategic vision and operational excellence in oversight of global recruitment, mobilization teams, organization and leadership development, talent management, performance management, staffing strategy, change management and reward and recognition
- Act as coach to senior leaders to foster high-performing teams and positive morale across the organization.
- Assume global responsibility for development of company policies and procedures on all HR issues.
- Work closely with the ‘member care’ teams to ensure fully integrated support for all staff
- Provide direction in all aspects of global human resources, including supervision and coordination of global HR team.
- To establish a strategic global staffing and recruiting plan which puts LDi on the platform as an ‘international’ recruiter
- Increase the profile, awareness and perceived value of HR across the organization
- Be a role model of LDi’s values to staff and provide mentoring/discipleship whenever possible
- Be the lead on specific HR projects
- Ensure a successful implementation and utilization of LDi’s EIS system
- Introduce a structured performance management system
- Introduce more rigorous systems for identifying and coordinating training needs
- Champion the introduction of more leadership development and interpersonal skills training.
- A mature Christian whose quality of spiritual life is an example to others.
- An individual who can fully embrace the essence of ‘transformational servant leadership.
- A proven track record of HR leadership and business partnership with at least 5 years of senior leadership experience, preferably in an international environment.
- Master degree qualification and professional qualifications in HR, Organizational Development or other related fields.
- High proficiency in the English language, verbal and written. Chinese language preferable, but language training provided.
- Ability to influence, inspire and motivate others alongside the ability to provide and receive challenge.
- Proven ability to establish and hold individuals accountable to clear standards of performance.
- Ability to fluctuate between tactical and strategic business activity.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships, gaining trust and confidence as a strategic partner from all levels within the organization.
- A thorough understanding of all areas of HR management and OD practices.
- Proven networking and collaboration skills, ideally in a cross cultural environment.
- Freedom to relocate to China.
- Stipend allowance
- Housing provided
- Full medical insurance
- Return flights to home country every 2 years
- Private education for children in Tianjin International School
For further information, please access: ldiglobal.org and ldieducation.org