Basic Purpose: Manage new and existing projects with engineering focus through Sales, Marketing, and Engineering responsibilities achieving the Quality and services desired by the customer for Productive Companies.
- Manage the Estimating, Project execution, and direct reports
- Manage the communication between the Customer, Salesperson, Key Vendors, Operations, and direct reports through Customer approval process (FMEA, PPAP, FAI, etc.)
- Manage ECN Process and customer issues not related to returns
- Manage Design Review Meeting
- Investigate, evaluate, and develop new technologies for process, tooling, and machinery
Critical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assure and collaborate with Manufacturing machine times, task times, sequence of work, tools required and labor required to match estimated cycle and costs.
- Design/Purchase/Create fixtures for fabrication of parts
- Manage Bill of Materials and entry into database
- Approve work instructions for manufacturing improvements
- Ensure Customer Quality and scrap yields are controlled by process and critical process checks are identified
- Communicate and schedule requirements to Customer, Salesperson, Key Vendors, Operations, and direct reports.
- Manage projects Gant charts and meetings
- Fill any temporary gaps for capacity in subordinates when work load increases beyond capacity.
- Interface with Design engineering when projects require
- Project OTD and to Budget
Requirements and Qualifications:
- CAD/CAM expertise required
- Microsoft Word/Excel/Power Point knowledge and Project
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Manufacturing
- Min. 5 years Engineering in a high volume manufacturing environment specific to hands on experience.
- Knowledge of Safety training and compliance to laws and standards
- Good logical skills and very detail oriented
- Understanding of GD & T
- Must be a team player and have excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Certifications that would be valuable: Professional Engineer’s license, Certified Professional Engineer (PE), Six Sigma/Lean Training Certified, and Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Reports to COO
- Direct Reports – Applications Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Productive Plastics, Inc. is a medium volume plastic components manufacturer located in Mt. Laurel, NJ. We are seeking an experienced Engineering Manager to be responsible to produce quality product within a defined process. Requirements include strong core value in work ethics and disciplines in a fast paced production environment. More...