Expertise that supports the church and pastoral staff in creating and executing internal and external communications.
Creates and manages volunteer teams as needed to accomplish tasks.
Has the ability to prioritize and negotiate work with others.
Pleasant, customer service oriented demeanor.
Takes initiative and personally invests in the work to be done.
Sets high standards for job performance for self.
Committed to working within a team environment.
Committed to serving in a way that conveys God’s love of self and others.
Role and Responsibilities
- Initiates, coordinates and produces both internal and external communication for the church as the pastoral staff requests including but not limited to weekly worship guide with weekly information, monthly overview piece with church family information,
special occasion programs (funerals), and future vehicles for communication. Some of this is a team effort with other staff.
- Manage and produce digital media, including website, social media content and graphics.
- Leads the pastoral staff planning in developing communication and marketing emphases (annual, quarterly, monthly, weekly highlights) throughout the liturgical year.
- Evaluates and enlists vendors and service providers related to this work including managing outsourced major projects.
- Stay informed of communication and marketing technologies, trends, and levels of effectiveness.
- Develop and maintain 12 month rolling communication and marketing plans that includes website and social media.
- Develop and utilize ministry teams including but not limited to marketing, communication, website and social media.
- This is both a leadership and a hands-on production position.
Qualifications and Education Preference
Working experience in Adobe Creative Suite4:InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premier and Acrobat (or equivalent in Corel Suite) as well as Microsoft Office Suite. The individual in this position has proven experience in or education for the performance
of the roles and responsibilities stated above.
This position will require performance of related but unlisted duties from time to time.
If you are interested in this position and feel you are qualified, please send your resume with cover letter to: Connie McNeill, Associate Pastor for Administration & Discipleship, Second Baptist Church, 300 E. Kansas, Liberty MO 64068. Electronic copies
can be received at: email@example.com.
We appreciate you forwarding this to persons whom you believe may be interested in the position.