ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT & VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR
Job Title: Administrative Assistant & Volunteer Coordinator
Area/Location: Oakland, California
Reports to: City Director
Date Submitted for Revision: 10.20.16
Job Description Approved: 10.24.16
Salary: Range starts at $17 hour/ DOE
Oakland Cityteam is looking for one last piece to our staffing puzzle. We need someone who can help us with all of the paperwork, calendars, correspondence, and details. We already have the vision and ideas to grow our ministry, but we need someone to help
with the logistics to make it all happen. Does your brain automatically think about the details? Do you enjoy setting up systems and creating processes? If so, you may be the person we’re looking for.
The Administrative Assistant and Volunteer Coordinator is a key position for our small team. As the first point of contact, you will represent Cityteam in person, over the phone, and via email. You must be professional and have the soft-skills necessary
to answer questions, encourage participation, and advocate for Cityteam. You will act as a liaison between the City Director and other divisions and departments of Cityteam. You will support the City Director, Rescue Mission Manager, and Recovery Program Manager
with your amazing administrative skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. In addition, you will assume responsibility for the recruitment, training, scheduling, and ongoing support of individual and group volunteers.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized and have a heart for service. No two-days are ever the same, so we are looking for someone who is comfortable being flexible and can deal with surprises and unexpected twists with grace. If you are familiar with
Cityteam, Recovery, and DMM, that would be great. If not, as long as you have a desire to learn and grow, that’s what matters most. This is a full time non-exempt position.
- General Administrative Duties: answer phones, handle correspondence, open and distribute mail, order supplies, file, take and distribute meeting minutes, and coordinate calendars.
- Facilities Administration: Create and maintain an ongoing list of facility needs, coordinate action items with staff, communicate with vendors, handle billing, and maintain keys and access codes.
- Budget Administration: review reports, monitor expenses, research variances, and assist in preparation of annual budget.
- Bookkeeping Administration: Manage petty cash, including distribution and replenishment of funds, prepare monthly reconciliation and replenishment reports, and maintain interest checking account.
- Support the Oakland team by processing and submitting reimbursements, expense reports, invoices, time sheets, and purchase orders to the Finance Department.
- Attend staff meetings, trainings, and appropriate community meetings as necessary.
- Oversee Volunteers: recruit, train, nurture, and cultivate ongoing relationships with volunteers. Coordinate volunteer welcome, activity, and follow through with staff and interns utilizing the shared Outlook calendars. Maintain ongoing Volunteer spreadsheet
to track skills and availabilities of potential volunteers. Work in cooperation with the Volunteer Program Supervisor to post volunteer opportunities online.
- Event Planning: Assist team with special events, including scheduling the events and planning meetings, taking and distributing meeting notes, enlisting volunteer help, gathering supplies, following-up on action items, and hosting the event.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by the City Director.
- Must have a personal and consistent relationship with Jesus Christ and be active in a local Christian Body of Believers.
- Must have proven organizational skills, be detail orientated, and committed to accuracy.
- Must be able to interact with clients with the utmost integrity, respect, and with appropriate personal boundaries.
- Must have proven interpersonal skills and the ability to handle conflict resolution in a Christ-like manner.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to perform professionally in a high visibility area.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of accounting and/or financial principles preferred.
- Two-years administrative experience preferred.
- Educational Requirement: Minimum high school diploma or GED equivalent.
If this job description matches your passion, experience, and skills, submit the online application found a www.cityteam.org/jobs and send your resume to email@example.com