Salem Media Group in Cleveland, OH is searching for a talented Director of Engineering
to join the leadership team in our Independence, OH office.
The ideal Director of Engineering is a dedicated, hardworking team player that thrives in a fast-paced environment. This person will oversee operations for our 4 station radio cluster (95.5 The Fish, AM 1420 The Answer and AM 1220/AM 1440 The Word). A
positive, approachable problem solver with a passion for excellence and attention to detail will flourish in this role.
- Maintain the daily technical operations of our facilities, including towers, transmitters, on-air studio operations, automation systems, and all other broadcast-related operating systems.
- Ensure proper operation of all broadcast related technology, which includes a high level of preventive maintenance at all related site locations.
- Provide quick solutions to technical problems.
- Ensure that all broadcast related equipment is operating and maintained in accordance with all applicable regulations and good engineering practices.
- Ensure that all licensed operations are maintained in compliance with FCC Rules & Regulations.
- Additional responsibilities as determined by General Manager.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with additional electronic technician specialized training. College degree preferred.
- SBE certification, FCC General Class license or equivalency required; any IT certification a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in radio broadcast engineering or related field.
- Extensive knowledge of AM directional antenna systems ranging from 5kw - 50kw.
- Knowledge of RF and AM/FM transmitters.
- Ability to work with windows-based servers.
- Experience with internet audio delivery systems, studio operations, satellite delivery systems, STL, remote control systems, NextGen and Axia LiveWire AOIP networks.
- Proficiency/understanding of telecom circuits and satellite downlinks.
- Knowledge of radio FCC rules, regulations and compliance.
- Work involves travel within market to transmission sites and physical activity such as handling objects up to 50 pounds and standing and/or walking for more than 4 hours per day. Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks such as high
voltage equipment, radio frequency energy, and chemicals used in cleaning electronic components. Candidate should be able to demonstrate his/her ability to safely limit their exposure to such hazards.
We offer a great work environment, competitive salary based on experience and a comprehensive benefit package, including paid holidays and paid vacation.
Salem Media Group is America’s leading radio broadcaster, Internet content provider, and magazine and book publisher targeting audiences interested in Christian and family-themed content.
Upload cover letter, resume and references when applying online.
Salem Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.