CRISTA Senior Living, a ministry of CRISTA has been a senior care provider for over 60 years. Located in Shoreline, Cristwood offers a full spectrum of care: Independent living, Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation services. Loving God by
serving people is CRISTA's mission and we are looking for the right candidate who wants an exceptional career/ministry opportunity as an Accounting Clerk for our Nursing and Rehabilitation Center. This person will perform accounts receivable functions related
to long-term care billing based on government regulations and in compliance with CRISTA policies and procedures. If you are looking to integrate your collaborative problem solving abilities and relational gifts in a senior community environment with your Christian
faith, check out the following opportunity:
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Accounting Clerk will perform accounts receivable functions related to long-term care billing based on government regulations and in compliance with CRISTA policies and procedures.
Essential Job Duties:
- Accounts Receivable:Prepare accounts receivable functions and pursue collections for CRISTA Senior Living, including but not limited to:
- Inpatient Medicaid billing.
- Inpatient Medicare Part A, Part B and outpatient therapy billing.
- Insurance billing to various carriers.
- Private billing and collections.
- Data entry of cash deposits and charges to billing system.
- Create electronic payments.
- Responsible for follow up calls to government agencies, insurance companies and private parties on assigned accounts.
- Work with several financial software systems and billing portals for Medicare, Medicaid, private pay billing and electronic fund transfer.
- Manage reports in spreadsheet software. Attend software meetings and training sessions as needed for maintenance and upgrade purposes.
- Resident Assistance: Customer service both in person and by phone. Assist families and residents applying for Medicaid assistance. Meet with residents and answer billing questions.
- Business Team Support: Participate in weekly business team meetings to discuss status of assigned accounts, scheduling of appointments and compliance issues. Cross-train to perform backup services as necessary. Assist with various projects
- Work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers, residents and customers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Christian Commitment: A deep and abiding faith that is fully surrendered to the will of Jesus Christ, evidenced by a lifestyle that is consistent with biblical principles. Demonstrated commitment to spiritual growth and development that
is exemplified in word and deed. Demonstrates the values of a CRISTA leader.
- Education: Associate degree from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent, or two years Accounts Receivable or medical billing experiences or a certification with a primary
emphasis in account, bookkeeping or equivalent.
- Experience: Two years experience providing customer service.
- Other Considerations:
- Ability to positively manage customer and vendor relationships.
- Must be able to work independently, efficiently and professionally with a wide variety of personality types.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Enjoy working with seniors and their families.
- Ability to work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers, residents and customers.
- Software and Equipment Used: Strong computer skills, proficient with internet and in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook, strong typing and 10-key abilities.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or Certification with an emphasis in accounting or bookkeeping.
- Experience: Health care of Medical billing, nursing home billing, experience or knowledge with Medicare of Medicaid billing.
- Software and Equipment Used: Provider One, Noridian, other billing systems.
- Other Considerations:
Please visit the following URL to apply: https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CRISTA&cws=41&rid=1736