Turning Point Ministries
Job Opening – San Diego Headquarters
Sound Mixer / Editor
Turning Point for God is the radio and television ministry of Dr. David Jeremiah, senior pastor of Shadow Mountain Community Church. It is an international ministry with a vision to reach every language group in the world with the Gospel and the teachings
of God’s Word. From a modest beginning thirty-five years ago, Turning Point is now accessible by 2.5 billion people worldwide every day through radio, television, and the Internet.
Turning Point Ministries is seeking a full-time professional, organized and experienced Sound Mixer / Editor for Turning Point Studios.
The Sound Mixer / Editor shall work collaboratively with members of the Short-Form Television Team and Digital Media Team in order to provide the excellent audio mixes for segments with picture, both for Television and Web/Mobile platforms.
The Sound Mixer / Editor will also mix + remix live services and events, as well as edit and master Dr. Jeremiah’s messages under the direction of the Senior Sound Mixer / Radio Producer.
Essential Functions: (including, but not limited to)
- Short-Form Television Audio Post Production & Sound Mixing
- Short-Form Television VO Session Recording & Location Sound
- Digital Media Team Audio Post Production & Sound Mixing
- Digital Media Team VO Session Recording & Location Sound
- Sound Mixer for Turning Point Television
- Primary Sound Mixer for Live at Five services on Saturdays at Shadow Mountain Community Church
- Assistant for HDTV Audio Post Production / Music Remix
- Serves as Backup for the Senior Sound Mixer on Sundays at Shadow Mountain Community Church
- Serves as A2 for Turning Point Events (Requires Travel 8+ Times per Year)
- English Radio – Digitize, Edit & Master sermons / messages taught by Dr. David Jeremiah for broadcast and/or product distribution
- Bible Strong Partners or Miscellaneous Club Message Editing & Mastering Projects
- Assist in facilitating audio asset logistics for International Radio
- Minimum 5-years experience sound mixing, audio editing and post-production experience
- Proficiency in Avid Pro Tools
- Large Format Audio Console Mix Experience (SSL c200 a plus)
- Location Sound Experience for Television and/or Film
- Must be willing and able to lift/push/pull equipment weighing 50 lbs.
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout the year
- Position is hourly, full-time at Turning Point International Headquarters in Lakeside, CA
- Includes scheduled operation of Saturday Services at Shadow Mountain Community Church and backup operation for Sunday Services
- Team player with ability to work independently
- Flexibility to work overtime, nights and weekends as necessary
- Wage commensurate with experience
- Extremely competitive employee health and retirement benefit programs
- Must be a like-minded believer and share our passion to deliver the unchanging Word of God to an ever-changing world.
Please email your resume with a cover letter, Christian testimony, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org