Salem Media Group in Louisville, KY is searching for a talented Operations Manager to join the leadership team.
The ideal Operations Manager is a dedicated, hardworking team player that thrives in a fast-paced environment. This person will oversee operations for our News Talk and Teach Talk radio stations (WFIA AM, WFIA FM, 970 WGTK The Answer) A positive, approachable
leader with a strong coaching acumen, passion for excellence and attention to detail will flourish in this role.
- Coordinate production of all programs for broadcast; serve as senior producer for various local programs; acquire, record, and manage satellite feeds; assure proper staffing levels of board operators and producers.
- Execute format and broadcast schedule changes in coordination with Traffic Manager, Sales Coordinator and/or General Manager.
- Supervise, schedule and train radio board operators and producers, ensuring smooth operations of the equipment and broadcasting of both national and local programming 24 hours a day.
- Liaison with local pastors, show hosts and their guests for scheduling and producing both live and taped programming.
- Provide leadership and oversight in the execution of an excellent on-air sound and image for the station, with a goal of growing and expanding audience engagement and response.
- Ensure compliance with FCC rules and regulations and Salem Media Group policies.
- Be responsible for the recruitment, training, supervision, and scheduling of programming personnel.
- Perform on-air as a station personality either live or via voice-tracking.
- Appear at station events/remotes as a friendly “face” of each of our three radio stations.
- Work with station voiceover talent to create and produce station imaging and promos.
- Manage the daily functioning of automated program delivery resulting in a consistent, “tight,” on-air product. A station sound with minimal if any episodes of “dead air” or “audio collisions.”
- Be organized and able to create systems to accomplish an excellent on-air sound.
- Coordinate digital audio streaming processes including web and app based systems.
- Work with sales staff for on-air and promotional execution of sales promotions.
- Work with brokered programming clients on an extensive onboarding and training system as well as production of their programs.
- Work with station promotions director to maximize digital assets including websites; social media presence; and other emerging technologies.
- Additional responsibilities as determined by General Manager.
- Experience with Enco automation or similar system.
- On-air voice work/hosting skills as well as knowledge/understanding of our unique station audiences.
- This position may require working outside of regular business hours to accommodate programming needs and/or provide assistance to operations staff.
- Detail-orientation with the discipline and capacity to follow-through on projects
- Several years of experience in radio programming/production/operations management
- Proficient in digital audio editing and production using various software packages
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal)
- Proficient in computer skills (Windows/PC; Microsoft Office; etc.)
- Ability to solve problems with creativity.
- Ability to understand and program to the conservative and evangelical listening audience.
- A positive and energetic style, with high integrity, strong work ethic, and ownership of outcomes. Cultivate positive work relationships across all departments.
- Possess the ability to work in what will initially be a “streamlined” operation.
- Have the ability to successfully expand oversight to additional stations that may be added to the market Cluster.
- Additional responsibilities as determined by General Manager
We offer a competitive salary based on experience and a comprehensive benefit package, including paid holidays and paid vacation.
Salem Media Group is America’s leading radio broadcaster, Internet content provider, and magazine and book publisher targeting audiences interested in Christian and family-themed content.
To apply: upload resume at Salemmedia.com, complete the application & submit
Salem Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.