Do you love God’s Word and desire that all may have it in their heart language? Are you a proven servant leader who is known for developing and executing marketing / sales/ development / fundraising efforts that are integrated, sustainable, goal-centered, measurable, and continuously improving?
If so, come talk to us about this key role at JAARS, where we make Bible translation possible – especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth – with a proven mix of transportation, technology, media and training solutions. We support +/- 70 partner organizations around the world with these solutions, and we—in turn—are supported by the prayers and funding of financial partners (e.g. donors). Our partners’ giving funds the core infrastructure of JAARS and the project support we deliver to our overseas partners.
Lead a dedicated staff here in North Carolina and represent JAARS with key audiences using your communication and interpersonal skills. Here is your chance to apply innovative ideas and stretch organizational thinking—within the bounds of vision, mission, values and culture—to help deliver “heart language Scripture” to the millions of people around the world still waiting to hear the Gospel in the language they understand best!
The Director of Partnership Ministries (PM) will lead the PM team, through strategies and initiatives, to significant, sustainable growth in both designated and undesignated gift income. Undesignated gift income supports the core mission infrastructure of JAARS—R&D, training, facilities, and more—while designated gift income supports our commitment to Bible translation and language development partners and projects around the world.
The Director will focus on growing both the number of financial partners and the amount of giving within five key sectors: 1) retention and growth of current partner base, 2) development of new partners, 3) growth in major gifts/major donor giving, 4) growth and sustainability of foundation-based grant receipts, and 5) inclusion within estate and legacy giving plans.
Strategies and initiatives for these sectors will be developed and implemented within the context of JAARS’ relationship-based approach to partnership. This requires a gracious invitation—not a hard sell—to participate with JAARS in our mission and to share in the blessings God bestows upon those engaged in this work.
The Director and the entire PM team will collaborate with numerous internal departments at JAARS. Primary and ongoing points of collaboration include, but aren’t limited to, the Communications teams, the Church & Community Relations team, and the vice presidents of Transportation and IT & Media (who interface directly with our field partners and who play a primary role in assessing, deciding upon, and leading program and project commitments that will require funding).
The Director will be responsible to lead the PM team in the assessment, development, implementation, analysis, and improvement of PM programs and initiatives—leading to an overall approach that is integrated, sustainable, goal-centered, measurable, and continuously improving from the perspective of both JAARS and our partners.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- To develop and oversee programs and initiatives that drive targeted annual growth from the five primary giving sectors above, within the context of JAARS’ approach to relationship-based partnerships.
- To establish, monitor, and improve giving through each sector.
- To establish a data-driven approach to “partner segmentation” that allows sector- and even individual-specific approaches to messaging and other strategies.
- To identify and implement a material expansion of mobile and third party giving channels (e.g. text, mobile app, designated charitable beneficiary programs) to add a breadth of pre-determined and ad hoc/real-time giving channels to the current direct-only giving interfaces (e.g. JAARS Web site, response cards, phone number, mail).
- To lead, encourage, shepherd, inspire, align, and mentor member and volunteer leaders within the PM department.
- To grow the network of PM Representatives around the country, reduce the size of PM territories, and improve our ability to nurture relationships with a higher percentage of current and prospective partners.
- To participate personally in core PM initiatives, and represent JAARS with key audiences and stakeholder groups, throughout the year.
- To develop, assess, and improve working relationships and effectiveness across partner language development and Bible translation organizations (e.g. Wycliffe US, SIL, other) relative to new stakeholder development.
- To participate with the Vice President of Engagement in annual planning and ongoing/ad hoc discussions about PM strategies, priorities, and outcomes.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Demonstrable Christian faith and lifestyle
- Servant leader mindset—expertise balanced with humility
- Experience with and understanding of core PM audiences—Christian individuals and organizations seeking to live out obedience to Christ’s work and calling on earth
- Hands-on and leadership experience in development/fundraising, marketing, sales, major gifts
- Strong communications skills: speaking, writing and presentation
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills
- Goal/outcome-orientation: a bias for action and a drive for closure
- Strong organizational, analytical and management capabilities—able to lead demonstrable stewardship of all PM resources: people, time, money
- Experience leading both direct and indirect staff, including collaboration across organizational functions and with external partners
DESIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to apply innovative ideas and stretch organizational thinking within the bounds of vision, mission, values, and culture
- Results-oriented approach balanced by sensitivity to people and culture
- Experience leading/guiding integrated marketing communications: graphic design, copy and messaging, print and A/V collateral development, online/digital/social communications and networking
- Experience with event planning, development, management, and promotion
- Experience with nonprofit, mission-based and/or volunteer-driven environments
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- College degree
- Five to ten years in a related leadership role
- Experience in nonprofit development/fundraising, marketing, sales, major gifts
- Experience in church- and/or faith-based public/community relations, and/or strategic partnership development and management
- Cross-cultural experience.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of DevelopmentChapterNext
- Chicago, Illinois
- December 6
Development OfficerDream Centers of Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs, Colorado
- December 5
5 Kindergarten Teachers in ChinaAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- December 2
Business Teachers in Asia (No Teaching Experience Required)Academics In Asia
- China, China
- December 2
College Prep High School Teachers for Church Leaders Children in AsiaPrivate Profile
- Asia, Asia
- December 2
JAARS make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally-appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation,technology, media, and training.
We are a mission organization with a passion for everyone to have God's Word in their heart language. To meet the growing needs we need more staff! Consider joining the team to make an eternal impact.More...