First Liberty Institute is the largest legal organization in the nation dedicated exclusively to protecting religious freedom for all Americans. We believe that true religious liberty means recognizing the fundamental right of every individual—including
all ages, races, genders, and faiths—to follow their conscience and to live according to their beliefs. Founded in 1997 and based on Plano, Texas, our legal team partners with elite volunteer attorneys across the country to secure religious freedom, from local
matters to the Supreme Court, at no cost to our clients. For more information, please visit www.FirstLiberty.org.
A writer at First Liberty will serve the organization and its constituents by working with the Marketing and Development team—and interacting with the Legal team—to strategize and write copy that will:
- Clearly describe the legal battle to defend religious liberty in general, and First Liberty’s ongoing role in particular.
- Often persuade the recipient to become involved.
Genres will include various multimedia formats that can be read, listened to, or viewed onscreen.
Immediate primary responsibilities include conceptualizing, writing and supervising a weekly e-newsletter; writing and updating web content such as “case pages” for each significant legal matter and for new initiatives; promotional and fundraising emails;
promotional and descriptive material for outreach events; constituent letters; video scripts; and writing foundation grant proposals. This person will also:
- Conduct extensive research and fact checking on various topics.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to review and edit content.
- Proofread content for correct spelling and grammar.
- Work in Word press and marketing automation systems.
- Maintain content library to inform and educate supporters and readers.
- Strong ability to write original, compelling stories consistent with strategic objectives, within brand parameters, and on deadline..
- Ability to think strategically as a key member of the Marketing team.
- Collaborative, team-oriented, positive work style.
- Ability to improve work product based on constructive feedback.
- Innovative, determined, highly organized and disciplined.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, marketing, government, political science, history, or related field; or experience that is commensurate with extensive knowledge of those fields.
- Writing on deadline for online or print publications in genres that include:
- Journalistic articles (including headlines, subheads, teasers, body copy).
- Marketing and/or fundraising.
- Social media.
- Video and audio scripting.
- Booklets, books, and similar venues.
- Strong interviewing, problem solving, research, and communication skills are essential.
- Exposure to the law, public policy, public affairs, religion, and current issues is a plus.
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education approved by Human Resources.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated professional to assume a pivotal role in the evolution of a fast-growing, highly-respected organization. We are seeking an individual of outstanding quality with a credible track record. First Liberty
Institute is prepared to offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary as well as health, 403(b), and vacation benefits.
First Liberty Institute is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or marital status, in accordance with federal and state law.
Please send resumes and writing samples to Lori Ross at email@example.com