This role will lead in the design and delivery of essential training materials for Transformational Development, bringing consistent content, approach, quality and format to curricula used by World Concern globally for both staff and beneficiary training across operational sectors. Working under the direction of the Global TD Director and in consultation and/or partnership with technical advisors and project teams, the Curriculum Development Specialist (CDS) will be responsible for the following duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Development of Transformational Development (TD) Training Materials
- Design, edit, revise, and launch, as required, existing and new curriculum and educational materials for TD for staff, beneficiaries, donors, and church partners
- Revise, compile and/or create World Concern training materials and manuals for core, and cross-cutting sectors (e.g. peace building, gender, small business development), ensuring the full integration of transformational development concepts
- Ensure lesson plans are consistent, relevant and adaptable to the various contexts in which World Concern works
- Provide direction on the integration of participatory approaches and tools in both staff and beneficiary training materials
- Design and produce supplementary materials for use in conducting TD trainings (e.g. posters, handouts, digital compilations of internal and external resources)
- Lead the edit, design, formatting and publishing process for finalized curricula
Training Material Testing and Evaluation
- Oversee field testing of all training materials as appropriate
- Evaluate and offer improvements on existing and new training materials being used in the field
- Ensure World Concern vision, mission and values are integrated into training materials and training events in every country
- Establish protocols and develop tools for evaluating the effectiveness of beneficiary and donor/partner training
Staff Capacity Development
- Partner with the Global TD Director and regional officers to train staff on effective use of the tools disseminated (including conducting beneficiary and staff trainings during country visits)
- Research and recommend effective tools for use in staff and beneficiary training
- Design, produce and disseminate internal educational materials for staff (e.g. posters, videos, articles) highlighting TD principles and practices
Work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers and customers.
Christian Commitment: A deep and abiding faith that is fully surrendered to the will of Jesus Christ, evidenced by a lifestyle that is consistent with biblical principles and ongoing spiritual growth and development.
Education: Master’s degree in Community Development, International Development, Education, or related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in adult education, preferably cross-cultural and international, with expertise in, and commitment to, participatory adult education principles and methods.
- Proven ability to craft creative, participatory, learner-centered modules in development-related sectors (e.g. WASH, micro-finance, agriculture).
- Demonstrated success in working cross-culturally with diverse teams, including working with various faith backgrounds
- Experience in integrating development work with biblically-informed values and beliefs
Software and Equipment Used: Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially document design in Publisher and Word
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience)
Education: Formal or informal Bible training; formal or informal training on Transformational Development
- International field experience as a trainer and/or trainer of trainers, especially in a majority non-Christian context
- Proficiency in graphic design and graphic design software
Please go to the following URL to apply: https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CRISTA&cws=41&rid=1722
Or visit www.crista.org/employment to view more opportunities.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
GROUP PROGRAM DIRECTORS NEEDED – Work from Home!AHLI
- Headquartered in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- October 22
WriterFirst Liberty Institute
- Plano, Texas
- October 19
Outreach Ministry DirectorLifeline Family Center
- Cape Cora, Florida
- October 14
Trinity School of Natural Health - COOVanderbloemen Search Group
- Warsaw, Indiana
- October 12
Seasonal Processing Center Associate - Operation Christmas ChildSamaritan's Purse
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- October 12
A Christian organization composed of 9 ministries (Radio Broadcast, Senior Community, Women's Ministries, King's Schools, Miracle Ranch and Island Lake Camps, World Concern, Intercristo, and Seattle Urban Academy) operating on 6 locations in Washington state and field locations around the world. Please visit www.crista.org/hr for applications and process.More...